Dinner Dress

GACRUISER456

DH and I will be traveling on Azamara for this first time this fall. I know Azamara doesn't have any formal nights, so no need to pack the tux. What about a sport coat? We plan to eat in the specialty restaurants a couple of nights. Would a coat be needed there? While he loves the idea of going resort casual, he doesn't want to feel out of place without a jacket.

Thanks!

DH and I will be traveling on Azamara for this first time this fall. I know Azamara doesn't have any formal nights, so no need to pack the tux. What about a sport coat? We plan to eat in the specialty restaurants a couple of nights. Would a coat be needed there? While he loves the idea of going resort casual, he doesn't want to feel out of place without a jacket.

Thanks!

I doubt that he will feel out of place without a jacket, a nice shirt and slacks are perfectly adequate unless something has changed dramatically. Having said that, I always did pack a blazer or similar just because the A/C in the MDR can sometimes be over enthusiastic.......

I agree with the previous post. My husband took a sports jacket on our cruise last May and never wore it. Per their ads "appropriate attire onboard Azamara cruises is always resort casual". You'll have a wonderful time leave the jacket (less weight) in the suitcase behind.

Thanks!

Hi Gacruiser !

Your DH will not feel out of place without a sport coat. You will find some men wearing them. I take one with me, but it is not a must. He will not go wrong either way.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

This is great news and will be much appreciated when it comes time to check luggage at the airport. Trying to save on those luggage fees and if I can avoid having to drag around the garment bag, my vacation will have started out on the right foot! We are very much looking forward to our first experience with Azamara.

I found a jacket useful on Quest last autumn, The theatre was particularly cold so I was despatched back to the cabin to collect a cardy for my CinC and a jacket for myself, I had concluded that the Company had booked the chorus line from Happy Feet for our entertainment, given the temperature, but apparently was mistaken.

With respect to luggage, if you are happy to use the ship's laundry, which is both excellent and at a very reasonable cost, and perhaps wash your unmentionables (ladies) or unspeakables (gents) you could travel with just carry on luggage, we intend to have another stab at that in a few weeks. The self service laundry is now free!

Thanks!

Almost no men wore a jacket to dinner during our 16-night cruise this January, including the two specialty restaurants. I never felt cold in a shirt, but that's obviously a matter of individual preference. A nice sweater would also be perfectly fine. (I always take a black Polo sweatshirt but didn't need it this time.)

Archived