Cosol Tour Water Taxi

joand452

We're considering the Cosol Tour of the island. I understand that you're taken by water taxi to the beach at the Pitons, and the boat drops you off in the water. How deep is the water at that point, and how far a drop from the boat?

We're "fluffy" :D people and while we can probably get out of the boat into the water, I doubt we'd be able to climb back into a boat if it's well above the water line.

Could we just stay in the water taxi and be brought back to the pier. I just want a close-up view of the Pitons; we're not into snorkeling.

Thanks for your help!

The water is about shin deep. There are 2-3 people there to help you get into the boat, tilting it slightly and telling you to sit on the edge then slide around to get your feet into the boat. It was easy, even for fluffy, uncoordinated me. The boat doesn't return immediately to the town - when we went it stayed at Jalousie beach with us - so returning isn't really an option. Besides, the van is locked up in the village of Soufriere, and not in a section I'd really want to return to without a guide. You'll be fine at Jalousie beach, even without snorkeling (which I didn't do either).

Here's the trip back, out is maybe a tad steeper.

4394085809_fc0d9ba9d8_b.jpg

We took the MiL who is very shaky on her feet. Bless Jade for coming to the rescue.

4394088647_fc5e959fd6_b.jpg

Maybe this shot shows how much she enjoyed it, couldn't stop grinning all the way back :D

4394079333_25aebf6361_b.jpg

The guys are *really* helpful if you're worried it might be struggle. Devotion above and beyond in our case.

Tezza

Archived