Serenade Question

Modern ships very rarely experience vibration problems anymore.. and those with azipod propulsion, like the Serenade, especially do not, because there is no "drive shaft" running through the ship. I have stayed at the very back of a Celebrity M-Class ship and they are very similar in technical design to the Radiance class, and there was no vibration. About the only time you feel anything is when you are docking, or leaving the dock.

CRUISES: Queen of Bermuda '89 Tropicale '99, Explorer of the Seas '02, Radiance of the Seas '02, Vision of the Seas '03, Queen Elizabeth 2 '03, Infinity '03, Serenade of the Seas '03, Monarch of the Seas '03, Norwegian Star '03, Queen Mary 2 '04,
Diamond Princess, '04

Detailed ship pix: [url="http://community.webshots.com/user/mattinla"]http://community.webshots.com/user/mattinla[/url]

Well, helllllooooo there, Terry & Gail. Guess who...it's we2wed. Remember us...we were married on the Radiance of the Seas at Oahu, Honolulu, Hawaii, all those years ago. I do believe you were in attendance. Funny thing is, we are also going on the Serenade thru the Canal. Won't it be just ducky to meet again. Soooo excited! This is my first time back on the boards since sailing on the Zuiderdam (won't do that again). Let's talk. Oh, and regarding your question about vibrations. The answers prove that you and Terry will have to make your own. Good ones, I hope. Oy!

Was just aft in Feb and there is no vibration.

JF
Great view, good friends, good wine, Life IS Good!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;9;9;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until Enchantment Cleveland Crawlers

Serenade of the Seas 2'04
Nordic Empress 12'03
Nordic Empress 8'03
Nordic Empress 4'03
Majesty 6'01

We2wed, we think you might have had some good vibration going on your wedding cruise. We certainly remember your wedding, cause it got us on the ship early (tee hee!) How are we going to top that cruise (can't be done). Are we going to be fighting for the aft cabins or maybe we will be neighbors. A year and 1/2 seems like a long time to be on these boards.
Thanks everyone for your replys, can always count on fellow cruisers to get the true scope.
Terry & Gail

t&G, no fighting...it'll be a love-in. wow, i'm dating us now! is terry ready for that rock wall? you know who already packed his climbing gear. boy, it's gonna be a hard, long wait.

Archived