Silver Cloud & Shadow Last Minute Rates

DebbieH103

There are stellar last-minute rates on Silver Shadow and Cloud for the end of this month starting at $1895 pp. If you can pack and go, call your agent or Silversea. We had been booked on the March 31 Cloud for a while but postponed due to conflicts.

DebbieH103 is right. These rates are similar to what we got for Mexican Riviera in December, 2004.

Copied and pasted from Silversea e-mail (public knowledge):

Sail Date Days Ship Itinerary Vista Suite Veranda Suite Save up to

Mar 22, 2010 8 Silver Shadow Fort Launderdale to Barbados

$2,095 $2,495 74%

Mar 30, 2010 7 Silver Shadow Round-trip Barbados

$1,895 $2,295 73%

Mar 31, 2010 7 Silver Cloud Round-trip San Juan

$1,895 $2,295 73%

Yes, it is a good deal but I think it's going to leave customers that booked already under higher rates feeling shafted by SS if they don't adjust the rates. Not a good way to build loyalty.

Pat

Yes, it is a good deal but I think it's going to leave customers that booked already under higher rates feeling shafted by SS if they don't adjust the rates. Not a good way to build loyalty.

Pat

they will definitely reduce them ;just call your T.A. but what really frosts is that they didn't email me as a long time repeat customer !!:mad:

What makes you think they will reduce them? Did you or anyone else get a reduction? I know that is usual standard policy with Regent but there is not much on this board about SS policy.

Pat

I got mine reduced on a trip to Alaska last year and also the onboard credit that was added; it was a nice bonos; again just call your T.A.

What makes you think they will reduce them? Did you or anyone else get a reduction? I know that is usual standard policy with Regent but there is not much on this board about SS policy.

Pat

i got mine reduced on a trip to Alaska last year also they added a nice onboard credit so again, call your T.A.

I'm looking for a great deal, but I've never sailed Silver seas. Can some one compare them to RCCL.

This two products can't be compared. Very different experiences.

My Mistake, I shouldn't have mentioned Celebrity in my prior post.

I like the Solstice class on X, and I was looking at a particular sailing in May, and that is why I notice the price. Unfortunately Silversea is too soon and can't make it.

As far as the pricing affecting people already booked, it has been at 60% off for a while inclusive of air, you remove the air and then you get the 73% off.

This two products can't be compared. Very different experiences.

As far as the pricing affecting people already booked, it has been at 60% off for a while inclusive of air, you remove the air and then you get the 73% off.

That's not quite the math I see. They were only giving a credit of $200.00 per person for air and even if you drop the air and deduct it there is still now a difference in price of at least $1200.00 per cabin for the vista suite.

Pat

That's not quite the math I see. They were only giving a credit of $200.00 per person for air and even if you drop the air and deduct it there is still now a difference in price of at least $1200.00 per cabin for the vista suite.

Pat

This a special sale for Venetian member who can travel at the last minute. So lets NOT get hung up on the "math". Remember its just a Marketing strategy to fill up the ship. Nothing wrong with that!! Lucky those who can take advantage of it.

Thanks again Billcrooz! After some negotiating by my new TA., lets just say that SS's gesture was graciously accepted and we are very much looking forward to our cruise.

Pat

good for you Canadagal ! 12 more days and I am outta here !!:)

I had booked a long time ago on that March 31 for something like $2395 or $2695. Anyway, the rates were good. They offered that sailing for agent seminars and the same consumer rate of about $1900, so you may have some agents on there taking classes. I don't know how many. I am sure they may not be too thrilled, either.

I think we will continue to see deals on Cloud. I was happy to see a good deal on Shadow.

No matter what RCCL ship you pick, it is way different from Silversea in every way. RCCL is fairly family oriented. There is no age limit on Silversea, but there are not that many cabins that accomodate a 3rd person, and there are no family cabins and such.

Drinks are included, and you don't see displays of people selling water, beer and wine like RCCL. You won't see massive bingo displays in the corridors.

You won't have to wait for a port day to be brave enough to look for quiet on the pool deck.

I enjoyed my Royal Caribbean, trip, and the Indian food went circles around that on Silversea, it just did. Other than that, food is going to be way over the top on Silversea compared to RCCL.

Cabins are nicer, at least from the bottom up. You don't have to go way up to get a bathtub, etc.

You don't have a dedicated serving team since it is all open dining, and you don't have a gratuity tab or a bar tab (unless you got something really premium).

There are less people at everything.

they will definitely reduce them ;just call your T.A. but what really frosts is that they didn't email me as a long time repeat customer !!:mad:

I have yet to ever get any e mails like these even though Venetian Society and supposedly "signed up"

I have yet to ever get any e mails like these even though Venetian Society and supposedly "signed up"

Hi Patty

I signed up heaps of times and never got anything. Out of the blue, I now get emails from the SS Sydney office...I also get stuff in the mail now too.

Cheers

Jennifer

There are stellar last-minute rates on Silver Shadow and Cloud for the end of this month starting at $1895 pp. If you can pack and go, call your agent or Silversea. We had been booked on the March 31 Cloud for a while but postponed due to conflicts.

The current price for Shadow on March 31 is $2500 for veranda with $550 per cabin obc. Good but not earth shattering. Is there a problem with the ship getting a little old?

Archived