I want a table for 2 on the Poesia.

Luckyone2

I was on this ship recently and a couple of two was seated next to us. We became friends and they said that they went to the Head Waited upon boarding and he gave them a hard time about getting a table for two but in the end he got one for them. Just an fyi...we have always enjoyed a larger table as you get to meet new people and it generally turns out well.

Can change my dining assignment to a table for two instead the eight that I was given?

Thanks!

Julie

You'll be lucky tried in vain to change dining time fromearly to late sitting was given a definate no !!

I have my info for Poesia on 3/13, but I don't see information on our table. Can you tell me where I could find this? Thanks!

we were on the Poesia recently - we requested late seating table for 2, we were initially assigned early seating - our TA got that changed to late seating with no trouble - however when we boarded and checked, it was a table for 8 - we waited to talk to the maitre de and did get a table for 2. We prefer to eat dinner by ourselves - we have had too many "interesting" experiences and for the past 10 years or so we always request a table for 2. We share at breakfast and lunch when we feel like visiting with others - always have plenty of interaction with others on a cruise - we aren't interested in sharing our dinner time with anyone else - we enjoy each other's company too much.

Melinda, same with us. On all our cruises we've never really had problem tablemates, but on some cruises you just want some private time. On the Crown Princess last time there were many tables for 2 all over the place, and they were always full, people doing anytime dining waited for them. Often the tables were close enough that you could easily talk to your neighbor if you wanted, but nice to have it optional like that. Wish us luck getting one this time, I guess you gotta go chin to chin and stare down the ol' maitre d.

I was on the Poesia beginning February. We had asked for first seating, we were assigned second. On embarkation day, the Maitre d' took all those complaints in a meeting room. (There was a lot of demands for change, they gave out numbered cards and we had to wait over 2 hours).

When I asked for first seating instead of second, he stared at me and said: "You're young. Why do you want the first sitting?" I felt my pressure gauge rising, I could have been very impolite, but I simply said my wife was diabetic. "Oh, OK then" and he assigned us to first service and said good-bye with the same stone-face he had when I first met him.

I got a table for two as i requested.

Get on the ship early!! ( Like 11:30 -12:00 a.m) Immediatly go the meeting room next to the Zebra Lounge. We only waited about 5 min.

We had been assigned a 6 seater for early sitting, but wanted a 2 seater. Only had a 2 seater left at the late sitting. We took it. Good luck!!

Where? I see I have main dining, but not table size?:confused:

I meant which seating. I don't think you'll ever know the table size until you board. Might be expecting a bit much there, but it can't hurt to ask or wonder.

Archived