Luggage storage at Port of Tampa?

ericrz

Anyone ever used luggage storage at the port, post-cruise? We don't fly out of TPA until 4:10PM after we get off the Carnival Legend. We thought we'd take our daughter over to the Florida Aquarium, maybe get some lunch in Channelside before heading to the airport.

Obviously we don't want to drag all of our luggage (and a car seat) around with us!!

This page:

http://www.destinationtampa.com/PortofTampaConciergeServices/tabid/91/Default.aspx

Indicates that luggage storage is available in both terminal 2 and terminal 3 at the port. Anyone ever used it, know what the charges are like?

Yes, Destination Tampa Bay is the perfect place to store your bags. It costs $7 for two people and they also offer discount tickets to the aquarium ($3 off per person). I have a shuttle service and I take people there all the time for the discount. They have discount tix($10 off) to Busch Gardens too.

Unless they've changed things, the aquarium has always stored luggage for its' paying customers (i.e. they'll store it for free while you are there). If you don't have an abundance of luggage, you could just bring it over there (it's not far at all, probably only 50 yards or so from the cruise terminal to the aquarium's front door). Probably you'd want to call them & check to see that they still do this.

Even if you do so, you'd still want to zip into Destination Tampa for the discounted tickets; DT's front door is right next to the door for the terminal.

Thanks all for the comments. $7 for two people isn't bad at all. Will probably call them to confirm current prices, confirm they'll be open on Sunday, etc.

I'd also heard the aquarium would store luggage. But we might end up going from the aquarium over to Channelside shops/restaurants for a bit, so the terminal might be a better choice.

Thanks again to all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We did the same thing. :D

I think my hubby and I paid between $7-$10 for the place right as you leave the terminal. We also bought discount Aquarium tickets from them. The Aquarium is literally right across the street (well, the entrance to port parking) from the terminal.

Archived