A new captain for Constellation

C 2 C

Captain Manetas (according to a rumor I'm starting) will not be back as master of Constellation. I believe he will be moving to Eclipse some time this year.

His replacement ??? !!! (drum roll please,) is not from Greece but from Norway.

I've tried to do a search on Cruise Critic but this is the only info I've found so far:

from: http://www.thedigitalship.com/conferences/oslo/oslo_about09.shtml

Gerry Larson-Fredde, Director General, Norwegian Hydrographic Service - Incoming requirements for mandatory electronic charts

gerrylarsson-fredde.jpg

Captain Gerry Larsson-Fedde was appointed Director General of the Norwegian Hydrographic Service in February 2008. The Norwegian Hydrographic Service is responsible for surveying the Norwegian coast, and preparing and updating charts. Captain Larsson-Fedde was previously a captain on two of the world's largest cruise ships, Mariner of the Seas and Voyager of the Seas, operated by Royal Caribbean Cruises. Before that he served as director of nautical operations with Royal Caribbean, and also superintendent for audits and training. From 1997 to 2000 he served in the Norwegian Coastal Administration, initiating a project for pilots to carry portable laptops with electronic charts;

Since Constellation is sailing in the Baltic and the Norwegian coast this year, his expertise will be a great asset.

It will be interesting to see where Constellation will sail next year when another S class ship will probably sail these waters. For 2010 Constellation seems to have taken over Century's previous Norwegian and Baltic cruises. Century was first slated to sail in the Caribbean for 2010 but has moved to the Mediterranean for the summer and fall. Will Constellation then move to the Mediterranean next year?

Hi Arno...

I thought Captain Pagonis was on Constellation...am I mixed up??

Bill

No. Captain Pagonis will be on Connie till the crossing followed by Gerry Larson-Fredde for the Baltic season. Then Captain Pagonis will be back.

Archived