review of POA Feb 20, 2010

dcass

Aloha dcass,

Thank you so much for the informative review of your recent POA Hawaii cruise! We're about to set sail on the same cruise on May 1, 2010 and have a question for you. You mentioned that after embarkation, you got back off the ship to go get some sodas to bring back on the ship. I was just wondering if you believe that you could have packed some sodas in your bags originally to avoid having to get back off the ship? You see, we actually live here on Oahu and are having some friends of ours drop us off at the cruise terminal that day for embarkation and don't want to have to get back off the ship (we'll have our 2 young children with us). So, do you think we could just pack our sodas in our bags or carry ons when we embark without issue?

I did read earlier that NCL is not that concerned about luggage weight, so I'm hoping it won't be an issue. Any guidance you can offer would be much appreciated!

Mahalo,

AlohaMommy

packing the soda firsthand is absolutely the way to go.

If I had room in my bags or carry ons I would have definitely brought the soda on the ship with me. I have done this on most cruises before, but we did not have the room and since we were flying I did not want any extra bags with me.

Aloha dcass,

Thank you so much for the informative review of your recent POA Hawaii cruise! We're about to set sail on the same cruise on May 1, 2010 and have a question for you. You mentioned that after embarkation, you got back off the ship to go get some sodas to bring back on the ship. I was just wondering if you believe that you could have packed some sodas in your bags originally to avoid having to get back off the ship? You see, we actually live here on Oahu and are having some friends of ours drop us off at the cruise terminal that day for embarkation and don't want to have to get back off the ship (we'll have our 2 young children with us). So, do you think we could just pack our sodas in our bags or carry ons when we embark without issue?

I did read earlier that NCL is not that concerned about luggage weight, so I'm hoping it won't be an issue. Any guidance you can offer would be much appreciated!

Mahalo,

AlohaMommy

I have read of people dropping off cases of soda and water at the dock with their luggage. They claim they put a luggage tag on the beverages and they get delivered to their cabin. Sounds like a plan to me.

I have read of people dropping off cases of soda and water at the dock with their luggage. They claim they put a luggage tag on the beverages and they get delivered to their cabin. Sounds like a plan to me.

We were on the March 20 POA sailing and they gave us an extra tag at the luggage check in for our (2) 12 packs of soda. They arrived with our luggage. It really is the way to go.

Happy travels,

Mary

We were on the March 20 POA sailing and they gave us an extra tag at the luggage check in for our (2) 12 packs of soda. They arrived with our luggage. It really is the way to go.

Happy travels,

Mary

Thanks for providing some recent information. You can also print extra luggages tags before you leave from home. Either way should work, I would think.

Actually I am surprised the cruiseline lets people bring on their own beverages. You would think they would want to force us to buy from them. It is nice to hear that they actually allow this. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

I don't have any suggestions, sorry. Where do you live/where are you looking to fly out of? $545 seems really good, unless you're flying from CA. I live in NY, somewhat near JFK...I will likely go from there or Newark.

Newark seems to have cheaper flights and also has direct flights. We are from the Bronx and will probably leave from Newark. We sail April 2011.

Newark seems to have cheaper flights and also has direct flights. We are from the Bronx and will probably leave from Newark. We sail April 2011.

For me non-stop is key so we will be flying from Newark - we live in Brooklyn. :)

For me non-stop is key so we will be flying from Newark - we live in Brooklyn. :)

i live an hour from from any of the airports and my first choice would be direct from Newark (I think only Continental does this flight) but I have enough miles for a free flight on American, so alas, I will be flying on American...out of whatever airport has the best times for me.:cool:

Archived