Just Back from The Glory - ask your ?'s

John&John

John - thanks love the pictures and reviews. We are travelling on Glory in April and I have some questions:

1 - there is a discrepancy in our itinerary and reviews on cruise critic. I understand the ship never made it Grand Cayman, but do you know if it is tender or dock port? The Carnival itinerary says port, but everywhere else it says tender.

2 – love the capers… any suggestions on how to print?

3 – Someone wrote that the ship doesn’t change time as you head west. Is this true? Was it dark when you got into port? e.g. we’ll get to Roatan at 6 local time, 7 ship time.

Thanks again… truly appreciate hearing from someone who has been there.

Grand Cayman is definitely a tender port. I noticed that discrepancy as well.

I would suggest that you might want to try right clicking on one page of the posted capers and copying it and then pasting it into paint. From there you should be able to print (go to page set up in paint and select scaling fit 1 page by 1 page.)

The ships time on this itinerary did not change at all and we got to Roatan just after 7:30 and it was not dark then....

Thanks John!!! You answered everything in great detail...I'm soooo ready to go right now. I also just found out about the roll call...Glory, here I come!!

You are welcome. Have fun on the roll call and enjoy your cruise. :D

Thanks so much for the review and pictures. I am also sailing on May 9th and I had some questions that were all answered.:) I can't wait to get in that hot tub on the serenity deck! Glad you had a great cruise. I was excited before I read your posts, but now I don't know if I can wait!!! 57 more days!:D

• 2 weeks later...
I hope that Glory has the afternoon tea. On board other cruises my group, the Forest Ridge Divas had a blast. Lovely pastries and sandwiches on tiered trays and very elegant.

There was afternoon tea and cocktail piano music on the sea days I believe.

We didn't go to it so I don't know what they had. Sorry.

How much was it to play bingo?

I am pretty sure that for $20 you got to play 3 cards (all on one sheet) and if you wanted a single card it was $10.

You can't separate the cards on the sheet if you buy the sheet of 3, so you can't share them with others.

Thank you for the wonderful information. I am trying to figure out how the shows work. I am traveling with my family and last year when we cruised we loved seeing the shows before dinner. We are confirmed for late seating. Are there shows we can go to as a family before this dinner seating?

Thank you for the wonderful information. I am trying to figure out how the shows work. I am traveling with my family and last year when we cruised we loved seeing the shows before dinner. We are confirmed for late seating. Are there shows we can go to as a family before this dinner seating?

If you look at the Capers you'll see that most of the time the shows are scheduled after dinner at 8:30 and 10:30 PM. Show times often vary but most ships do schedule the shows for after dinner. On the first and last night there is only one show and it is scheduled at 10:30 PM only.

Our show schedule got as bit messed up since we weren't able to pick up some of the entertainers. I've seen some Capers where there was one night where the late seating could go to a show before dinner.

Maybe you should try to get early or your time dinner seating, so you could go to the earlier show.

John:

I've really appreciated all of the information you provided in this thread---especially the Capers! Thanks for taking the time; you've helped me with my planning for next week immensely.

Glad you had fun! Can't wait for this weekend to arrive!!!

You did a great review. I have a couple of more questions.

Are there smoke-free areas on the ship and/or smoke-free cabins?

Do you remember what the hours the FunShops were opened?

What about the bars? Are they opened 24 hours?

Thanks a bunch!

John Thanks for the great info especially the Capers. Any chance of dining menus? We are sailing on Glory Sunday. Thanks! island george.

Menus are pretty much the same fleet wide and you can find them here:

http://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

Lunch is available in the Dining Room only on sea days.

The only difference in the menus is that instead of always having salmon available each evening, a few nights the choice was mahi mahi.

You did a great review. I have a couple of more questions.

Are there smoke-free areas on the ship and/or smoke-free cabins?

Do you remember what the hours the FunShops were opened?

What about the bars? Are they opened 24 hours?

Thanks a bunch!

There are many smoke free areas (including all the indoor dining areas) and are listed in the Capers posted in this thread.

There are no smoke-free cabins but every cabin we've ever had was as good as a non-smoking cabin.

Opening hours for the FunShops are also listed in the Capers and are not open while the ship is at or near a port.

I am not sure if any of the bars are open 24 hours but I know that they some have different opening (and possibly closing) times. The hours for bars doesn't seem to be posted. I am also under the impression that you can order drinks at any time from room service.

In your opinion, what age group would you say would be best for this ship -- 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, etc. and why?

We know someone planning a cruise, but I don't think we would be age appropriate.

Thanks for your help.

Archived