EMERALD PRINCESS Questions

mercede70

I am cruising on the Emerald Princess over spring break and had a few questions some veterans may be able to answer. Thanks in advance.... :)

Sanctuary: Is it $10 or $15 per 1/2 day, and is there a charge for all areas of the sanctuary or just if you rent a cabana? Can you sign up for the sea days prior to boarding?

Anytime versus Traditional dinner: I signed up for anytime dining thinking the menu was the same, but it seems it is different from the menu in the traditional dining room, can anyone tell me if the menu is the same, and if not, was the food that much different for anytime diners?

Sushi bar: Are all of the items at their sushi bar additionally charged?

Kids: I know that spring break cruises inevitably will have children, but I cruised on the Carnival Valor one spring break, can I expect less kids on Princess?

Alcohol: I only drink beer and was going to have Just Because deliver a few cases for my husband and I prior to departure but found they have gone out of business, can anyone tell me whether or not there is another business that delivers cases to the ship, and if not what are the odds of getting caught trying to smuggle?

Thanks!

When I was on Emerald Princess 18 months ago, the menus for traditional or Anytime dining were identical. As far as I know, that's one of the main selling points of Princess's take on freestyle dining, the menus are identical whichever option you choose.

I am cruising on the Emerald Princess...

Anytime versus Traditional dinner: ...can anyone tell me if the menu is the same...?

Thanks!

In the main dining rooms, the Traditional and Anytime diners use the same menu.

I am cruising on the Emerald Princess over spring break and had a few questions some veterans may be able to answer. Thanks in advance.... :)

Sanctuary: Is it $10 or $15 per 1/2 day, and is there a charge for all areas of the sanctuary or just if you rent a cabana? Can you sign up for the sea days prior to boarding?

Anytime versus Traditional dinner: I signed up for anytime dining thinking the menu was the same, but it seems it is different from the menu in the traditional dining room, can anyone tell me if the menu is the same, and if not, was the food that much different for anytime diners?

Menu's are the same!

Sushi bar: Are all of the items at their sushi bar additionally charged?

The sushi at Vines is free of charge!

Kids: I know that spring break cruises inevitably will have children, but I cruised on the Carnival Valor one spring break, can I expect less kids on Princess?

There will be kids, but less than Carnival!

Alcohol: I only drink beer and was going to have Just Because deliver a few cases for my husband and I prior to departure but found they have gone out of business, can anyone tell me whether or not there is another business that delivers cases to the ship, and if not what are the odds of getting caught trying to smuggle?

You can try, I'm sure a lot of people do!!

Thanks!

Enjoy........:)

We cruised on Emerald last year over Easter (Spring Break can be defined as anytime during late February, March and April, really - grade school students, high schools, colleges, and universities are all out at different times). It was a 10 night itinerary and there were only a handful of kids along. I should think the longer the cruise, the fewer kids, but not always; but 10 days is a long time for the kids to be out of school.

When we were onboard, the Sanctuary was $15 full day, $10 half day, and you could sign up at the entrance to the Sanctuary. When we boarded, they were giving tours and taking reservations at that time; after that you can't enter without paying for it. Never used it, so I don't know the answer to the cabana question.

Have fun. :)

Archived