Experienced Princess Cruises - Share your Expertise

maryr65

As a new Princess cruiser I thought it would be fun and helpful if prior Princess cruisers would share any tips with those of us who are new to the cruise line. I got the idea from a similar thread on the RCCL board.

Come on and share your ideas...

One thing you will likely enjoy is the fresh water instead of salt water pools - open 24 hrs.

If you're looking for free icecream - it's only available in the dining room and in the afternoon - 3:00 to 4:30 I think - at the Horizon Court.

Bingo payouts are not as good on Princess as on RCCL.

We've sailed Princess and RCCL and like them equally well.

What ship will you be on?

This is the best tip I ever got! The store will punch a hole in your keycard so you can wear it. (They also sell the lanyards but I brought one from home) It is so handy not to have to fumble around in your purse for the keycard!

If you don't want to punch a hole in your card...

I went to an office supply store and bought pouches that work with the lanyards. (Unfortunately I couldn't buy just one or two, there were several in a pack, but now I have extras for the future.) You can slip your card inside the pouch.

Also if you prefer Pepsi over Coke, and you don't mind schlepping, you can bring your own supply onboard (we deliver a plastic crate to the luggage area and it's taken to our room, no problem).

Princess is my favorite cruise line! We returned from the Caribbean Princess last month and she is awesome. Best kept secret about the CP .... Cafe Caribe. We ate there 5 out of 7 nights.

Also, we brought onboard wine, champagne, beer, bottled water and sodas. Their cabin refrigerators were the best we've experienced so far. We ordered the booze ahead of time and it was waiting for us .... their prices are very competitive and easier than smuggling it on.

Happy sails!

I suggest having at least one complete change of clean clothes in your carry-on, just in case.

You might want to bring a power strip if you have items with rechargeable batteries, a hair dryer, etc. Power outlets are at a premium in many cabins, and can be in an incovenient location.

Find a roll call thread for your cruise, or start one. It's the best way to meet people.

Archived