Floods in Haiti

I read on Excite that both the Dominican Republic and Haiti have experienced tragic flooding. I wonder if the RCI area in Haiti was damaged in any way.

The people of Haiti have had more than their share of trouble this year. I hope and pray that things will begin to go well for the island and its people.

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

My gif kitties have gone to cyber heaven so that dial up cruisers don't have a problem getting their posts read.

This was posted yesterday, so it looks ok so far:

JustPlayHockey21

Cool Cruiser posted 05-25-04 01:37 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A poster who is currently on a 9 night cruise on the Voyager was in Labadee yesterday and said the Island is still in beautiful shape. We will be there on the 7th of June. We'll let you know how its holding up.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;26;17;1;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of the Seas 6/26/04

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

I'm glad the news for Labadee is good. I hope this is a sign that Haiti's luck is about to change.

It would be truly wonderful if both Haiti and the Dominican Republic could develop some shore-side attractions. They are within easy reach of Florida and are as physically beautiful as Jamaica - or even Hawaii. The poverty and desperation of their inhabitants drive them to do things that are not attractive to a potential tourist. I would LOVE to see both halves of the island developed for tourism. First, they have to get their own political and economic houses in order.

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

My gif kitties have gone to cyber heaven so that dial up cruisers don't have a problem getting their posts read.

Archived