Honeymoon

emksb

So my fiancé and I are sailing out of NYC May 7 for our honeymoon. I was wondering if anybody else has done this and if anyone has some tips to make it special for her (and I). Also does Carnival doing anything for such an occasion.

Thanks in advance for your replies :)

Congratulations!

On my last cruise I met a bunch of really nice CC folks on our roll-call, and one of those couples were honeymooners. If you are on Facebook you can send me a private note and I will help you hook up with them.

I think Carnival does have some packages that you can buy.

Congratulations!

On my last cruise I met a bunch of really nice CC folks on our roll-call, and one of those couples were honeymooners. If you are on Facebook you can send me a private note and I will help you hook up with them.

I think Carnival does have some packages that you can buy.

Thanks for the response, I was more talking along the free line:D

The only thing I can think of is to tell your waiter and/or maitre'd that it is your honeymoon. They might be able to do something "free".

The other suggestions I have would cost money - but I won't list since you seem only interested in free ones.

The only thing I can think of is to tell your waiter and/or maitre'd that it is your honeymoon. They might be able to do something "free".

The other suggestions I have would cost money - but I won't list since you seem only interested in free ones.

I am sorry, I should have clearifed. I would like any tips, but if somebody had been through this and said if you talk to X,Y,or Z. They can or will do something for you.

So, I guess what I am saying is I will take all tips

Unfortunately, I don't think Carnival will do anything for special occasions without a price. If you think about it, I'm guessing at least 20% of the people on the ship are celebrating something (birthday, honeymoon, anniversary, etc.) so it would be hard for them to give everyone something for free.

I too am going on a honeymoon cruise in August, so I'll tell you a couple of tips that I'm planning. You can go to the carnival bon voyage department and order a bottle of her favorite wine or champagne to have delivered when you arrive. You can order a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. Make a reservation at the specialty restaurant on the ship. Book a nice excursion that she'll love but make it a surprise. Order room service for breakfast at least once.

You catch my drift. If you're on a budget, you can try to come up with some really romantic things to do that don't cost anything.

Congratulations by the way!

Our first cruise was our honeymoon.

You will probably find other honeymooners on board, so you won't be alone. They will make a joke the first night at the welcome aboard show as to why the ship is rocking. You may or not be there. We were not. :D

Consider playing the NOT SO NEWLYWED game.

But unless you initiate something, nothing special will happen.

We honeymooned on the Conquest in 2007 so I don't know how relevant my info will be now.

When we booked they asked us what we were going for and of course we told them. They seated us at dinner at an 8-top with three other couples our age who had all also gotten married the night before we cruised.

One of the nights they came out with desserts, lit candles, and sang "Happy honeymoon to you" while we were supposed to kiss. It wasn't much, but it made us feel like such a big deal.

Best advice, don't be afraid to tell people what you're there for. It may be cheesy, but get some type of matching accessory to wear on embarkation day - Mr. and Mrs. hats, for example. If you are easy to spot, someone may buy you a drink or something.

And don't be afraid to strike up a conversation with another couple who look like they're blissfully in love the way only newlyweds are. To this day I still keep in touch with 2 of the other 3 couples we dined with!

We were on the Carnival Pride for our honeymoon this past fall. When we arrived on ship, we visited the Maitre'd and told him that it was our honeymoon and we would like a table for two. We were accomodated with that request and on the first night waitstaff came out and sang "Happy Honeymoon To You". On the last night, our room steward made a heart for us instead of the usual towel animals. That's the extent of the free "extras" for our honeymoon.

If you do have some money to spend, there is one thing I would highly recommend. We had dinner in the supper club, "David's Steakhouse" one night. My husband was a bit hesitant because there is a $30/person charge and you can eat in the dining room for free. However, the food was outstanding - you would expect to pay much, much more for a similar meal on land. The atmosphere was very romantic... much more quiet than the main dining room. We had a table for two by the window and got to watch the sunset while we ate.

heart.jpg.73bc4fd73b8c04d14b243dac2800a641.jpg

Expect MANY honeymooners to be onboard with you.

I suggest if wanting to make it special== buy those prepackage deals to have the cabin decorated so everyone who passes will see that you are on your honeymoon.

have a cake delivered to your table one night for dinner.

Maybe pre book the steak house.

Gone are the days of the free cake and signing anything "hoppy" without paying for it

My wife and I sailed on the Valor last April for our Honeymoon and had a GREAT time! We mentioned our honeymoon to ANYONE who would listen in the hopes of grabbing something for free(there's no shame in that!). We were able to get upgraded to first class on our flight but once on board we got pretty much nothing. Our waiter did arrange a group sing a ong of "Happy Honeymoon" and promised to bring us every dessert on the menu EVERY night we dine in the main dining room to try.

Hope your honeymoon is as enjoyable as ours!

My wife and I sailed on the Valor last April for our Honeymoon and had a GREAT time! We mentioned our honeymoon to ANYONE who would listen in the hopes of grabbing something for free(there's no shame in that!). We were able to get upgraded to first class on our flight but once on board we got pretty much nothing. Our waiter did arrange a group sing a ong of "Happy Honeymoon" and promised to bring us every dessert on the menu EVERY night we dine in the main dining room to try.

Hope your honeymoon is as enjoyable as ours!

Thanks for the tip. Was there an area were you were more succussful getting free stuff? Do you buy anything from the Bon Voyage Dept?

Archived