Animal protection group urging Carnival Cruise Lines to stop serving foie gras

Oh my goodness!! Will these people ever stop...they're as bad as those darn "Whale Wars" people! Next they're going to be protesting because other people eat cow, fish, pig, ect... I am so tired of hearing about this stuff...you don't want to eat it fine, but leave me and my food alone!

mmmmm...sounds tasty.

I have also decided to not wear shoes anymore, as I think I am less likely to break a piece of grass in my bare feet...:mad:

Suck it up HIPPIES! And remember, lettuce has feelings too! :D

Elliot Katz, Biography

In addition to his work with FARM, veterinarian Elliot Katz is the founding president of the animal-rights group “In Defense of Animals.”

Katz has been on the forefront of the move to replace the terms “pet” and “owner” with “animal companion” and “animal guardian.” He calls this language change part of a social “revolution,” and compares his cause to the women’s suffrage movement and 19th century emancipation.

Still, Katz recognizes that food animals are still classified as “mere property”; he and his organization aim to take meat off of our dinner plates by endowing animals with “human” rights. As he told one reporter, “Once a significant segment of society rejects the belief that animals are property to be owned, bought or sold, the status of animals will be elevated.”

...My dog should vote? :confused:

I dunno ... Anthony Bourdain did a piece a while back which actually showed how a bird is fed to produce foi gras ... kinda creepy and wrong in my opinion. Enough to keep me off of foi. You all enjoy though.

I wouldn't eat it either. Now those filthy hippies that belong to this movement on the other hand.... some of them should be on a grill.

I dunno ... Anthony Bourdain did a piece a while back which actually showed how a bird is fed to produce foi gras ... kinda creepy and wrong in my opinion. Enough to keep me off of foi. You all enjoy though.

I hear you.

Have you seen Food, Inc. yet? A very thought provoking film. However, there was a segment filmed at an organic farm where they raise chickens in a humane and healthy manner. No cages, not crammed in like sardines in small buidings, grass eating, free roaming, no antibiotics needed, etc. The farm owner is being interviewed about all this, and as he's talking, he's grabbing these "happy chickens" and putting them head down into a megaphone-like contraption which promptly decapitates it. One after another they go, each one screetching as it meets its fate. So, regardless of how they are treated, they still end up dead.

I love chicken (and foie gras as well), but it still made me feel bad.

I'm a carnivore -- love some steak, hamburger, chicken, ribs, whatever.

But after I saw how geese are force fed to make foie gras, practically force fed 'til their stomachs explode.....

Well. I won't eat it again.

The farm owner is being interviewed about all this, and as he's talking, he's grabbing these "happy chickens" and putting them head down into a megaphone-like contraption which promptly decapitates it.

All right, listen up folks. Can we all *PLEASE* make a mental note of where we are standing during an interview and *NOT* conduct it in front of the poultry decapitator? Seriously, a former politician did this as well and I think it's becoming a rather disturbing trend.

PETA sued a Benedictine monastery outside of Charleston for mistreating chickens. The monks have 2 hen houses with several "stacks" of chickens, 1 chicken per little cage, with fresh feed and water available. When they laid an egg it would fall through the cage levels and all be collected. The monks sell the eggs at local markets and it is one of their main sources of income. PETA sued because the chickens are all "cooped" up... (pun intended)... Aren't there multinational conglomerates you could waste your time hassling? Picking on people making do on essentially a subsistence farming lifestyle do not need to be hassled by unfounded "ethical" organizations. :mad:

Archived