Deck 9 Aft Summit

newcruiser80

I was booked in cabin 9154 on the Summit a couple of years ago. On a 14-day transatlantic and had no issue with noise. I found the location to be great as it was just a stairwell away from the buffet and aft bar area.

We love these class ships and always book the very aft cabins if possible. 6136 is a GREAT room if the very aft cabins are not available. I would stay away from deck 9 because the pool and cafe are directly above. Lots of cleanup going on even in the wee hours. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise.

Kathryn

We have been in cabin #9162 aft and found the noise of wooden chairs being moved across the floor above us at the outdoor seating for the cafe and grill to be very annoying. And it started quite early in the AM. Have also been in aft cabins on Panorama and Vista decks and they are just perfect. Very quiet and private.

I stayed in one of the aft cabins on the 9th deck. The noise from the scraping wood chairs above drove me CRAZY.

The cabins on the 6th deck are very quiet, and they have nice teak wood balconies. If you can snag 6144 or 6133 they are the best - a little wider than the other CC cabins and nestled between a RS and the PS - very, very private.

No brainer: I would take 6136.

I'm torn. Should I take 6136 CC which is one of the CC cabins nestled in between the suites on deck 6, or should I take Deck 9 Aft CC? Boyfriend is very sensitive to noise, so I'm concerned about Deck 9 Aft. Any thoughts?

Take 6136 - it's very quiet there. I've had a cabin on the 9th deck aft and I agree there was noise from above. The balconies are more or less the same size, but hands down deck six.

On deck 9 aft you also may have sushi, napkins, cigarette butts and other goodies getting blown from the deck above when it's windy.

On Century you could see part of the balcony on all the aft cabins from the deck above, I assume Summit is similar. If you want total privacy go for the sides of the ship.

Downside of 6135, 6136 is the door to the RS next door. While this is normally not a noise issue, the couch that is on that wall is smaller. 6143, 6145 are better options if available. The aft verandas are larger than the side verandas, but the veranda for 6136 is so much nicer than other CC verandas (thus the higher price point) that it is really a moot point.

Archived