luggage?

ramrax4

We are planning to cruise the med. in the near future and I was wandering how everyone is doing with the packing and all those new charges when flying:confused: I don't know how we could possibly pack everything we would need into 1 checked bag for a 12 day cruise:eek:

Tips, tricks or ideas anyone:)

Personally, I don't worry about the luggage fees. I am going to take what I need. I am doing a 2 week cruise soon and I will be taking a suitcase and garment bag. It's just the way things are now and having what I want to wear is more important to me than luggage fees. I'm pretty thrifty in my every day life. I know some people can put everything in one bag, but not me...LOL!

Plus, it gives me extra room for stuff I might bring home. And stuffing 1 bag, you run the risk of being over weight...those fees are more than taking an extra bag.

We are planning to cruise the med. in the near future and I was wandering how everyone is doing with the packing and all those new charges when flying:confused: I don't know how we could possibly pack everything we would need into 1 checked bag for a 12 day cruise:eek:

Tips, tricks or ideas anyone:)

We did a 2 week transatlantic cruise with an additional week in Italy afterwards. We each took one carry on. It worked just fine. And I am famous for overpacking!

Hubby rented a tux on board, I took a long knit dress from TravelSmith and a fancy shawl/jewelry for elegant night.

We washed clothes a couple of time (so 1/3 of the shirts/underwear/socks than we needed for the whole trip)

Ever item was carefully considered before it went in the suitcase. We took a backpack style carryon, so there was less suitcase and more room for clothing. We left most of the "stuff" at home - hairdryer, extra shoes, etc.

I started with the Rick Steves packing list on rickstevesdotcom, and altered it as I needed for a cruise.

I haven't checked lately, but are they charging for luggage on International flights now? I would also check with your carrier to see what the limits and charges are.

Best wishes!

DH and I are also looking into a med cruise. We thought about flying over with min luggage and buying cheap luggage once there for stuff i know we are going to accumulate:rolleyes:. plan on touring italy THEN cruise the med and do a transatlantic back. no luggage fees on a cruise:D.

baf

Archived