Residence Inn by Marriott Plantation

BucketlistJoes

Has anyone stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Plantation? We have booked a 4 night pre-cruise for the March 30th Panama cruise :D and a post-cruise night. We were wondering about the area in Plantation and if it is safe to leave our car at the Residence Inn for the 10 days we will be cruising, Also had anyone shopped at any of the malls in that area. There seem to be many. I am hoping to buy some of my clothes there as we do not have any summer clothes out yet where I live in Ontario, Canada. We know that they have no shuttle to the pier and we will have to take a taxi to and from. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

Sorry about not including the address: Residence Inn by Marriott at 130 N. University Drive, Plantation, Florida 33324. I noticed that on one of threads that people warned about going to Sawgrass Mall because the bus drove through unfavorable neighbourhoods. Sawgrass Outlet Mall is only 5 miles away so is Plantation considered to be in an unfavorable neighbourhood.?

Sorry about not including the address: Residence Inn by Marriott at 130 N. University Drive, Plantation, Florida 33324. I noticed that on one of threads that people warned about going to Sawgrass Mall because the bus drove through unfavorable neighbourhoods. Sawgrass Outlet Mall is only 5 miles away so is Plantation considered to be in an unfavorable neighbourhood.?

This hotel is in a very nice suburban area. In my opinion, it would certainly be safe to leave your car there while on your cruise. There are plenty of shops and restaurants in the area. From the location of your hotel, it would be safe and convenient to take the bus to Sawgrass Mills. By the time the #22 bus gets to Plantation (en route from Ft. Lauderdale) it has already passed thru the unsavory areas. The route from Plantation to Sawgrass is lined with nice suburban homes. While Plantation is a nice area, it is not close to the port. A cab ride from your hotel to Port Everglades will likely run about $50 each way.

I forgot to mention that The Broward Mall is close to your hotel--within walking distance. They have Macy's, JC Penney, Dillard's, Sears among other stores. The mall is at the corner of Broward Blvd and University Drive. Just be carefull when you cross these two roads as they have heavy traffic.

Oncruisecontrol thank you for all the information. We are relieved about our decision to stay at the Residence Inn in Plantation and I am looking forward to all the shopping in that area:). We figured that since we will be staying 4 nights that we would want a nice suite with room to relax in after our long drive from Canada. We think that even if we pay the taxi fare to and from the pier it will avoid the hassles of shuttles or parking at the pier.

Crewsweeper thank you for the info even if it was't the Residence Inn. I enjoyed reading the thread and the pictures.

Therese

Archived