Cruise ship port in Salerno, Italy

Olde Gnome

I can't find anything about the port in Salerno. Our ship, the Celebrity Century will be docking there in June. Does anyone know anything about this port? Are taxis available from the port? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vicki

Salerno is a new port this year for these cruises which I bet is the reason why there's no information out there yet. You can be sure that the Salerno taxi drivers are THRILLED that ships are coming into their port and that they will be there en mass just like the Naples taxi drivers are at the Naples port. I'm sure the car and driver services that you can book in advance will be heading to Salerno as well. For more specific information you might try contacting one of those services. Hope this helps.

I can't find anything about the port in Salerno. Our ship, the Celebrity Century will be docking there in June. Does anyone know anything about this port? Are taxis available from the port? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vicki

oops

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the information. We checked the Salerno port website and it says that cruise ships will dock at Molo Manfredi (close to the old town), but the port map labels Molo Ponente as the dock for Crociere (cruises). I guess we will have to wait until we get there, before we find out what dock is used. Molo Ponente is where MSC cruise ship's dock. The plans for the new cruise ship terminal can be seen at http://www.stefanoboeri.net/website/progetti/salerno.htm , but we could not find a completion date.

Vicki

Archived