Thomson Dream Naming Ceremony / Launch Event

I started posting this on a current thread, but had second thoughts and thought it deserved discussion in it's own right, you may or may not agree, but here goes!

P&O are having a naming ceremony for Azura in which they have invited some past passengers for a launch event including a viewing and lunch on their new ship. There invitations have gone out to the great and the good as well as some of the best contributors to their forums.

I'm getting to the point now, thanks for being patient:)

If anyone from Thomsons, does read these boards and is thinking of a launch event or having a naming ceremony and bearing in mind that Thomsons do not run a "loyalty" scheme for past passengers would anyone like to nominate someone, other than themselves! (purely because they know someone who has cruised with Thomsons for many years or has given help on this or any other forum over the years(and please bear in mind that I do not work for, or am associated or connected in any way with the company, and I'm not Jimmy Saville!!!))

Can I suggest that Kruzseeka gets an invite. She contributes to this forum in great detail, giving good advice and is always friendly and helpful. I could say alot more about her, but she'll only get embarrassed... If you want to read her past posts you'll glean lots of usefil info from the posts. And just for the record and before anyone suggests that it's my sister, or my mother, or my auntie, I have never met the lady and only know her through her very inmformative posts :rolleyes:

Nominate away!, but don't use addresses, tel numbers, emails and stick to the forum rules...PLEASE:)

Maybe due to the unfortunate circumstances it might be better if Dream joined the Thomson fleet in a unobtrusive way. I would not be comfortable with partying on a ship were people had lost their lives recently.

However the idea is a good one for rewarding long term repeat cruisers, IF you can get the bean counters to part with any cash. Thomsons appear to be rather mean in this respect compared with some other cruiselines.

Maybe due to the unfortunate circumstances it might be better if Dream joined the Thomson fleet in a unobtrusive way. I would not be comfortable with partying on a ship were people had lost their lives recently.

However the idea is a good one for rewarding long term repeat cruisers, IF you can get the bean counters to part with any cash. Thomsons appear to be rather mean in this respect compared with some other cruiselines.

Totally understand your point Dave and my sympathies are with all those concerned, but for those who are booked in April and onward who are expecting a good holiday, should a shadow hang over the ship? Isn't it the ideal opportunity to start afresh. New ship (for Thomsons) New name, New start, New dawn and a chance to move on.

Lets commemorate the event, the show must go on, shouldn't it?

Hi,

s one of those not knowing whether we'll be going next month I'll 2nd your nomination of Kruzseeka.

And to make sure it's not a one member race here Id like to add Jenny Wren to the contest.

There are many on here who are always helpful but we can stick them all in.

Berwyn

I started posting this on a current thread, but had second thoughts and thought it deserved discussion in it's own right, you may or may not agree, but here goes!

P&O are having a naming ceremony for Azura in which they have invited some past passengers for a launch event including a viewing and lunch on their new ship. There invitations have gone out to the great and the good as well as some of the best contributors to their forums.

I'm getting to the point now, thanks for being patient:)

If anyone from Thomsons, does read these boards and is thinking of a launch event or having a naming ceremony and bearing in mind that Thomsons do not run a "loyalty" scheme for past passengers would anyone like to nominate someone, other than themselves! (purely because they know someone who has cruised with Thomsons for many years or has given help on this or any other forum over the years(and please bear in mind that I do not work for, or am associated or connected in any way with the company, and I'm not Jimmy Saville!!!))

Can I suggest that Kruzseeka gets an invite. She contributes to this forum in great detail, giving good advice and is always friendly and helpful. I could say alot more about her, but she'll only get embarrassed... If you want to read her past posts you'll glean lots of usefil info from the posts. And just for the record and before anyone suggests that it's my sister, or my mother, or my auntie, I have never met the lady and only know her through her very inmformative posts :rolleyes:

Nominate away!, but don't use addresses, tel numbers, emails and stick to the forum rules...PLEASE:)

Awww! I'm really touched - thank you so much for your kind words. :) I don't suppose it will come to anything but it's a lovely thought. And I can verify the fact that we have never met and have no connection with one another - other than friendly exchanges and banter on this site!! (But I do admit to having a soft spot for your sense of humour! ;))

And of course there are a lot more regulars who offer help (and, like me, receive it from other contributors too) so as far I'm concerned, the more the merrier! Wouldn't it be great if it were to happen and we could all meet up!!! :D

Awww! I'm really touched - thank you so much for your kind words. :) I don't suppose it will come to anything but it's a lovely thought. And I can verify the fact that we have never met and have no connection with one another - other than friendly exchanges and banter on this site!! (But I do admit to having a soft spot for your sense of humour! ;))

And of course there are a lot more regulars who offer help (and, like me, receive it from other contributors too) so as far I'm concerned, the more the merrier! Wouldn't it be great if it were to happen and we could all meet up!!! :D

We'll organise a Jumbo jet to take us all over to Palma. (I take it that's where they'd do it).

I know everyone on here is so helpful with info, either from past experience or will find it out, but some seem to stand out more. :) . You've only got to look at your answer to the Eastern Wonders post.

Berwyn

Firstly may I say I would endorse the two names that have so far been mentioned.

Secondly I am one of the fortunate people who have been invited to the P&O naming ceremony on Azura.

P&O awarded places to the top 10 posters (No of posts) and their partners, who post on their official forum, of which I was one of them. They did this as away of saying thanks for our support, because they were closing the forum, and starting a brand new one. This is an overnight stay on board Azura and includes a Gala dinner and entertainment.

In addition to this P&O are inviting Goldie (Loyalty Scheme) members, to an Azura ships visit and lunch on board, this is a separate event to the naming ceremony, and I think is spread over 3 days. Those people's names went into a draw, they also had to decide on which one of the three days, they wanted to attend, when sending back their application. Don't think those that applied know if that have been successful yet.

It would be lovely if all cruise company's do this, some do as I have a video of the Oasis of the Seas naming ceremony.

We'll organise a Jumbo jet to take us all over to Palma. (I take it that's where they'd do it).

I know everyone on here is so helpful with info, either from past experience or will find it out, but some seem to stand out more. :) . You've only got to look at your answer to the Eastern Wonders post.

Berwyn

Can I come too? I've only been a member a short time but you could take me as a pet :D

Jan

Can I just add, the P&O forum where the selection was made, is P&O's own forum, run for their customers.

This forum (Cruise Critic), is an independent forum, and covers all cruise lines, and is not affiliated to any particular cruise line. Therefore I would think, there may be less chance of it being read by Thomson staff.

Archived