Anyone done the Private Island ?

canadagal

Silversea stops at Prickly Pear Island for their private island beach barbecue and it sounds like a lot of fun. Is it possible to do a morning shore excursion and then go to the barbecue and not miss much? Just not sure how long they actually stay there and what goes on.

Pat.

Silversea stops at Prickly Pear Island for their private island beach barbecue and it sounds like a lot of fun. Is it possible to do a morning shore excursion and then go to the barbecue and not miss much? Just not sure how long they actually stay there and what goes on.

Pat.

it.s a don't miss ! they lug everything over ;food booze, games, swimming,dancing;they will pick you up and bring you over from Virgin gorda if you have a morning excursion, all in all a fun time!!:)

Thanks Billcrooz! It sounds like the highlight of the trip and the same thing as Seabourn's Caviar in the Surf.....minus the caviar........which is okay as I don't care for it anyhow. Actually I don't think Seabourn is offering caviar on that day anymore either and they do stop at the same island. Does Silversea supply snorkel equipment? I have my own but would prefer to leave the fins at home as they take up so much room in the luggage. Can't wait!

Pat

We just had a terrific day at Prickly Pear a few days ago. We did an AM snorkeling excursion (not so hot, but the water was lovely). We were dropped off at the island afterwards by the excursion boat. Food is served until 2 PM and the bar is open until the last tender leaves (about 5ish). SS does not supply snorkel gear or fins anymore. After 2:00, the tender does a triangular run from the ship to The Bitter End YC and the island and back to the ship. You will enjoy it tremendously!

This is not true.

Sorry, I stand corrected! Someone told me that they are not doing Caviar in the Surf anymore but until I actually read that on the Seabourn board then yes.....Seabourn does Caviar. It will be interesting to read about Seabourn's stops at Prickly Pear this spring and have it confirmed once again.

Pat

Thanks Duct Tape, I may just add some water shoes to my luggage instead of packing the fins. I was thinking of booking that snorkel trip you went on but if it's not so great then we may just skip it and head to the beach party earlier or do the Baths. When you say not so hot, were you refering to the temperatures or the excursion being not so hot?

Pat

Archived