Deep Sea Fishing in Cartagena?

dre5116

Does anyone know of an independent guide that can take me deep sea fishing in Cartagena? I would like to do something like this on my port of call on April on the Jewel of the Seas.

Thanks for any help!

• 3 weeks later...

My DH very interested in deep sea fishing as well. He thought he would be able to do that in Costa Rica (Puntarenas) but we cannot find any excrusions that even mention fishing.

Has anyone done any fishing excursions at either of these ports?

• 2 weeks later...

There are no companies set up to do regular fishing tours in Cartagena. You can probably arrange for a private boat to take you out but the base cost will certainly be over $1,000 for get a sportsfishing boat with all the gear. You are very much subject to weather conditions. It might still be blowing at that time of year. Normal fishing might produce wahoo, kingfish, barracuda, and bonito. Maybe some yellowfin tuna.

How many folks might be interested?

The deal is that in Cartagena sportfishing is still strictly a private thing. There are no companies set up to take people out on a regular basis. If you want to follow this up you might write Pedro Rodriguez, who is a local fellow who is a sportsfisherman: <prodriguez@cartagenaexcursions.com>

Archived