Has anyone been to Cucumber Beach?

ftelah

We haven't really settled on anything for Belize and was wondering if anyone has went to Cucumber Beach in Old Belize? If so what is the best way to get there? If you know possibly the cost of getting there and if there is a charge to get on the beach? Is it a safe place for children or adults for that matter? I only ask because someone told me they didn't feel comfortable just walking outside of the gate area where the tenders take you. When we were there several years ago I didn't really notice anything but I know things change. I'm just not sure that a hour long bus ride would be to much fun for the young children we will have with us to get to the ruins/cave tubing etc. What little I seen on this beach so far sounds like it is a short taxi or something of that sort of ride from where we port instead of a 30 minute water taxi to some of the other beaches.

Thanks for any information you may have.

I beleive this is the same beach that Island marketing goes to on their zoo/old Belieze tours. But they don't stay there long.

There is a website:http://www.oldbelize.com/

As far as being outside the Tourist Village, the independent tour operators and vendors here are looking for passengers and can be very aggressive. They are not dangerous or threatening, just sorta in your face and sometimes take a few rounds of NO to leave you alone. However, they are only in front of the Tourist Village and a block either side, they are gone. It is very quiet.

Since this place is probably 5-7 miles from the Tourist Village, when you contact them see what transportation they recommend. Most likely a cab. If so, I suggest you turn right out of the Tourist Village, leaving by the door/entrance closest to lighthouse which you'll see coming in on the tender, and then going to the Great House Hotel (on Cork) or the Radisson (on Marine Parade), both just a couple of blocks away, and seeing if you can catch a cab there.

I can't tell you how to get there because we went as part of a group tour but I'll attach a few pictures. It is located on Old Belize and I suspect a taxi driver can take you there no problem. It has a large freshwater pool area and a tiny beach on one side. We were there on Easter and it wasn't actually open but I took some pics. A musuem and shop is also located at the same location- more like a downtown beach.

pool area with beach on opposite side:

2732125130104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

Entrance, there is a marina on the other side of the dock here:

2662643080104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

bar area:

2417261180104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

Archived