Sun on Solstice cabin 9237 balcony?

SeaGal

I know that Solstice cabin 9237 is one of the "hump" cabins with a large balcony. Does the depth of the balcony make it shady, or will there be some area of the balcony in the sun? Does the deep balcony also make the cabin darker?

Thanks for any information you can share about this cabin.

SeaGal,

I will be in that room in 11 short days. I'll let you know all about the sun when we get back. Someone just posted pics from their cruise and they also had a deep hump balcony. It did seem that it was covered from the deck above and you might only get sun right near the railing. Unless the sun is just rising or setting and you might get a bit more.

Jason

Thank you for the quick responses. I booked this cabin for a September cruise and hoped to be able to sit in the sun.

I'll look forward to your report, top_frog. Have a wonderful cruise!

I know that Solstice cabin 9237 is one of the "hump" cabins with a large balcony. Does the depth of the balcony make it shady, or will there be some area of the balcony in the sun? Does the deep balcony also make the cabin darker?

Thanks for any information you can share about this cabin.

You have selected a great cabin!

The photo below is taken from AQ 1552 looking back to the four angled cabins on the hump....1604, 1606, 1608 and 1610. Although AQ 9237 is on the other side of the ship, and on the aft side of the hump, you can see from this photo what the relationship is between overhangs and the placement of your cabin.

In terms of how much sun you will get, if you look at cabin AQ1610 (AQ1610 is the furthest away of the four cabins on the angle that you can see in this photo.) and then you look 2 decks below to Deck 9 (Panorama Deck), you will see that your cabin will gets lots of sun, depending, of course, on the time of day, and the location of the sun.

You will not be impacted at all by the large overhang that affects the cabins on Penthouse deck. The floor of the balcony above 9237 will provide some shade on your balcony, closer to the balcony doors, which I'm sure you will want.

451760627_GJS3L-L.jpg

This is a picture of AQ1552 (which has the deep balcony) in the afternoon, with no lights on.

451754111_RbJwM-L.jpg

Even on the reg balconies, there was room to pull the chairs back to get out of the hot sun. Or forward for more.

Of course when the sun hits your balcony will vary day to day on your itinerary and direction.;)

Archived