Caribbean Princess Questions - New to Princess

NYGirl1002

I just booked my first Princess cruise on the Caribbean Princess and I'm very excited. I have some questions.

WiFi - Is it throughout the ship? Can I bring my laptop? I know I will have to purchase minutes.

MDR - Is it open for breakfast and lunch?

Buffet area - Do they have trays or have they done away with them?

Wine/Soda/Frozen Drink Cards - Do they have them?

Anytime Dining - I'm going on a port intensive cruise. If I miss my designated dining time can I eat in the MDR or any time dining area later on?

Does the steward provide water and ice for the cabin? Is there a refrigerator?

Is there a safe in the cabin?

Is there a theraputic pool?

Is there an adults only pool/hot tub? Is it enforced?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my questions.

I just booked my first Princess cruise on the Caribbean Princess and I'm very excited. I have some questions.

WiFi - Is it throughout the ship? Can I bring my laptop? I know I will have to purchase minutes.

**Yes it is available throughout the ship and in your cabin.

MDR - Is it open for breakfast and lunch?

** Yes it is open for breakfast and lunch

Buffet area - Do they have trays or have they done away with them?

** No trays but a very large platter.

Wine/Soda/Frozen Drink Cards - Do they have them?

**No wine cards but there are both soda and coffee cards.

Anytime Dining - I'm going on a port intensive cruise. If I miss my designated dining time can I eat in the MDR or any time dining area later on?

** If you're signed up for Anytime Dining you show up anytime in the dining room during its open hours.

Does the steward provide water and ice for the cabin? Is there a refrigerator?

** There is a small refrigerator and the steward refills the ice daily. There is water in bottles for purchase in the cabin, but you can of course drink the tap water.

Is there a safe in the cabin?

** Yes

Is there a theraputic pool?

** There are many hot tubs.

Is there an adults only pool/hot tub? Is it enforced?

** There are two adults only pools and hot tubs at the Lotus spa pool are adults only. I've not seen kids there and I was on the CB three weeks this past year.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my questions.

Thank you Benny!

Do you know how the safe operates? Will I need to bring an old credit card?

Also do they show movies in the room or do we have to watch poolside?

They have channels on the television that will show movies -- a day-to-day guide should be in your cabin. Also movies poolside, as well as some shown indoors in lounges at times.

I am actually from Brooklyn. I live right around the corner from the Verrazano Bridge so at the right time I can see ships going under her at any time. Last year we sailed on the Carnival Miracle and it was so much fun to see the building right near our house from the water.

Does anyone know about the soda/coffee cards? On Carnival the soda card was about $42.00 and it was unlimited soda for the length of the cruise. Actually it was a waste as my daughter had one soda with dinner and that was it for the rest of the day.

Is the card on the CB unlimited? Do you know how much it is? I think I've read that the coffee card is good for 15 cups of coffee which is perfect for me.

Also where do I find this chicken salad that you speak of?

Fran

• 3 weeks later...
I am actually from Brooklyn. I live right around the corner from the Verrazano Bridge so at the right time I can see ships going under her at any time. Last year we sailed on the Carnival Miracle and it was so much fun to see the building right near our house from the water.

Does anyone know about the soda/coffee cards? On Carnival the soda card was about $42.00 and it was unlimited soda for the length of the cruise. Actually it was a waste as my daughter had one soda with dinner and that was it for the rest of the day.

Is the card on the CB unlimited? Do you know how much it is? I think I've read that the coffee card is good for 15 cups of coffee which is perfect for me.

Also where do I find this chicken salad that you speak of?

Fran

We were recently on the CB and soda cards were $4.25 per day plus 15% gratuity. You paid on the first day and received a sticker for your cruise card plus a Coke mug.

The coffee card is good for 15 punches, but you can also have all the brewed coffee and tea you want for free. The brewed coffee was very good compared to what they serve in the MDR and buffet, so I went there every day. You get it at the coffee bar next to the International Cafe on deck 5. You can ask for a large latte, cappachio, mocha, etc. and they only punch your card once. The chicken salad is excellent and is available at the International Cafe. They also have pastries in the morning and then serve light lunch items and desserts for the rest of the day. You can get food there until midnight. There is also a wine bar in this area called Vines. All these are located in the atrium area of deck 5.

Archived