Was there a time change in Cozumel on the ship?

Hi, Does anyone know if the clocks on Oasis changed to Cozumel time when you docked there? We are a group of ten, when we went on the Enchantment of the Seas the clocks were pushed back/ahead (I can't remember :confused:)? The only reason I ask is because of dinner reservations, lol..we were so mixed up?

Thanks!

Hi, Does anyone know if the clocks on Oasis changed to Cozumel time when you docked there? We are a group of ten, when we went on the Enchantment of the Seas the clocks were pushed back/ahead (I can't remember :confused:)? The only reason I ask is because of dinner reservations, lol..we were so mixed up?

Thanks!

Oasis does not stop at Cozumel

Dinner reservation will still be the same time no matter what time zone you are in.

Dinner reservation will still be the same time no matter what time zone you are in.

YES IT WILL! Starting on May 1st, the Oasis will be doing the Western Itinerary, alternating with the Eastern.

Stops will be in Labadee, costa Maya and Cozumel.

I know this because I'll be on the May 15th Western Caribbean Itinerary!!

My point is: Do not give out information unless you are SURE!

The Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean itinerary does have a stop in Cozumel with sailings beginning May 1, 2010 (until then I guess they're only doing Eastern Caribbean).

The ship stays on Florida time (known as "ship time") throughout the cruise regardless of a particular port's local time.

YES IT WILL! Starting on May 1st, the Oasis will be doing the Western Itinerary, alternating with the Eastern.

Stops will be in Labadee, costa Maya and Cozumel.

I know this because I'll be on the May 15th Western Caribbean Itinerary!!

My point is: Do not give out information unless you are SURE!

FMCruiser, reread the OP's post.

I am sure with what I am talking about. Oasis DOES NOT stop at Cozumel.

She wrote, "Hi, Does anyone know if the clocks on Oasis changed to Cozumel time when you docked there?"

We currently don't dock there at all. Has she posted in the future tense that answer would have been different. Perhaps she had her days mixed up. I am only going by what was posted and not with what may be inferred.:rolleyes:

FMCruiser, reread the OP's post.

I am sure with what I am talking about. Oasis DOES NOT stop at Cozumel.

She wrote, "Hi, Does anyone know if the clocks on Oasis changed to Cozumel time when you docked there?"

We currently don't dock there at all. Has she posted in the future tense that answer would have been different. Perhaps she had her days mixed up. I am only going by what was posted and not with what may be inferred.:rolleyes:

I imagine that, since the OP is booked on a Western Caribbean itinerary in thre months, as her countdown calendar indicates, that she assumed that the Oasis was already doing the western itinerary cruises. I admit I thought the same thing until I read your original response, so I went back to the RCI website and did some research. Usually when folks post here with questions about cruising, they are doing do from the perspective of their upcoming cruise, as that is what they're planning for.

Thanks!

Most of the time they stay on EST ship time. But its up to the Captain if he wants to change. We won't know this till they start sailing that route on the Oasis.

Independence 6 day does change everytime is does the western.

So we cant assume that all ships stay on Ships time coming from Florida.

I'm still unsure of what a possible time change on the ship in comparison to the local time has to do with when you eat. Any time we have had a time change, it's been in the middle of the night at sea, not while you are actually in port.

As for the itinerary, my itinerary for next January says Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel.

As for the itinerary, my itinerary for next January says Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel.

This was the original itinerary for the Western Route, as my original cruise reservation shows. But when they realized they wouldn't be able to dock in Jamaica because it would not be ready when they started the western sailings, they substituted Jamaica with Costa Maya. They probably figure the Jamaica port will be ready by the time you sail. That, or you booked back when we did and still have the "old" itinerary showing. When I log into RCI now, it shows the updated itinerary with Costa Maya. We're going in October of this year.

• 5 weeks later...

We are looking at booking the 5/15 Oasis cruise and it definitely stops at Cozumel. I'm sure OP wouldn't have asked just for the fun of it; why would she know that it doesn't stop there before 5/1? Not all of us have the Oasis schedule memorized.

I'm curious about the ship time/port time too, as we're thinking of an excursion that is based on port time. If we have a 6:30 pm dinner reservation ship time, that will impact what time we leave the beach. I might need two watches that day!

Archived