Margarita Villa Sand Bar Freeport...Who's Been There?

jessemon

Dog....Was considering staying on the ship in Freeport. Will look for your thoughts on this place when you return.

Hey Jeff! ;)

Hey Donna....Looks like a Jack's Shack or Coconuts....Our kinda place....

I know people have been here...Let me know what you think....

Margarita Villa is about 30 minutes drive from the ship. It is close to the Viva Wyndham Resort. It is a popular expat hangout on beautiful Churchill Beach. The only problem for a cruise stop is it's kind of by itself, though I would imagine you could rent watersports at the Wyndham just down the beach if you wanted to do that.

Another expat hangout a bit closer to the ship is the Coral Beach Bar - from there you can walk down the beach to Port Lucaya if you want to, about 20 minutes walk. A third one is Bikini Bottom Bar & Grill in Williams Town, just down from the Island Seas Resort - swings for seats at the bar, across the street from the ocean. Another one is Joe's Bar & Grill at Taino Beach - also home to Tony Macaroni's and Outriggers, as well as Junkanoo Beach Club. Not quite as nice of a beach as the Sandbar or Coral Beach Bar, but still nice, and just a quaint expat beach hangout.

Margarita Villa is about 30 minutes drive from the ship. It is close to the Viva Wyndham Resort. It is a popular expat hangout on beautiful Churchill Beach. The only problem for a cruise stop is it's kind of by itself, though I would imagine you could rent watersports at the Wyndham just down the beach if you wanted to do that.

Another expat hangout a bit closer to the ship is the Coral Beach Bar - from there you can walk down the beach to Port Lucaya if you want to, about 20 minutes walk. A third one is Bikini Bottom Bar & Grill in Williams Town, just down from the Island Seas Resort - swings for seats at the bar, across the street from the ocean. Another one is Joe's Bar & Grill at Taino Beach - also home to Tony Macaroni's and Outriggers, as well as Junkanoo Beach Club. Not quite as nice of a beach as the Sandbar or Coral Beach Bar, but still nice, and just a quaint expat beach hangout.

Thank you for the response....I will also check out the other places you are talking about. We have a thing for out of the way and off the beaten paht kind of places. In Dec. in Tortola we (10 of us) rented a private 50 foot catamaran because we wanted to gi to the Sogg Dollar beach bar on Jost Van Dyke....It was worth the $110 a peice. it was a great day sailing on the cat without 50 other people on it. And what can I say about the Soggy Dollar bar....It was great, on a beautiful beach and very friendly people. The way most people got there was on their sailboats and a shot swim to shore. Hence the name "Soggy Dollar Bar"........

Again, thanks for the info....

I checked out some of these other places and they look good too.

Just hoping to get more info from people on the Sand Bar....

Sorry, I didn't make it to the Sand Bar. The Fascination wasn't allowed to dock Friday at Freeport due to the weather, first time that's happened to us. But, like I said the people I know that have been there said it's fun. Also, thay say the bar Goergie's next door is good too.

Been there but it's been awhile! Floor was sand so it's truly a sand bar! How long will you be in port? If you're planning on going to there why don't you combine it with a trip to Gold Rock Beach? Beautiful spot - at its best at low tide so check a tide chart. Are you planning on renting a car? taxi?

Sorry, I didn't make it to the Sand Bar. The Fascination wasn't allowed to dock Friday at Freeport due to the weather, first time that's happened to us. But, like I said the people I know that have been there said it's fun. Also, thay say the bar Goergie's next door is good too.

Hey "DOG"...Thanks for posting back. That not docking in Freeport sounds like a first to me....:eek:

Why not join us for the "Stowaway Freddy and Friends" cruise in Sept on the Fantasy out of Charleston and we'll check it out together???? ;)

The group cruise is on the main board for group cruises....;)

Been there but it's been awhile! Floor was sand so it's truly a sand bar! How long will you be in port? If you're planning on going to there why don't you combine it with a trip to Gold Rock Beach? Beautiful spot - at its best at low tide so check a tide chart. Are you planning on renting a car? taxi?

Hey "zubee"...I am running a group cruise here for CC so if we do this I will prolly set it up to do a van/taxi service that will get us there and back to the port...I will remember the Gold Rocks Beach...Thanks for the reply and suggestion...:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived