Back from 2/20 Independence of the Seas Cruise

:)I had a fabulous time on the cruise I wish I was still there After being in 90 degree weather to 30 degrees is quite the change

As we were ready to board the airplane the announcement was made that the plane was overloaded and would anyone like to take another flight We voluntered for a flight the next day We received a hotel stay and $800 credits for a future flight for each 4 of us We were delighted

As we were on our flight back to Philadelphia, I received a test message that my daughter delivered a 3lb baby girl (Bella) What a suprise My daughter wasn't due until May 16th Right before we left for the cruise my daughter said kiddingly how can you leave at this time, I can deliver at any time I had said that its impossible Now I know things are always possible The baby will be hospitalized for 6 weeks until she is of the weight the doctors feel comfortable about I know this board is about cruising but I wanted to share the events of my cruise with you Any questios about the cruise I will be happy to answer New baby, when will I cruise again since I will be caring for her after my daughter returns to work Maybe when she is on maternity I will have to look for a great cruise deal Thanks for letting me share this with you

BeachGirl, what if any excursions did you do? I'm at a loss especially for San Juan as the time in port is so short. Even if you have any suggestions for on your own I'd appreciate it.

We have been to San Juan several times, one time we took a tour to the Bacardi Rum and regreted it. We did not get a chance to see anything else that day. By the time you get there so does everyone else and the lines take a long time. We had to pay $40 for a taxi to take us back, but we heard from the people that stayed that they were there for 5.5 hrs and made it back exactly before the cruise was to depart. The second time we took a free city trolley right outside the pier that took us to the fort and we walked back at our leisure enjoying Old San Juan.

Walking to the Fort was a thought I'd had. I guess I don't care about shopping as we will hit two other shopping ports. We had planned on the Hard Rock as well, but it doesn't open until 11, so it doesn't give us much time.:mad:

We are sailing on IOTS on April 3rd. Trying to figure best night for Portofino's. Don't want to miss best evening show or lobster night in the dining room (if they still have it). Any suggestions?

Congratulations on the new baby :)

where do you go to get to the Heli pad on IOTS?? We are going on it 7 weeks on Sunday...not that I'm counting :rolleyes:

Walk out any of the outside doors on deck four and head for the front of the ship. Walk up the flight of stairs and keep going straight ahead.

• 2 weeks later...
We are sailing on IOTS on April 3rd. Trying to figure best night for Portofino's. Don't want to miss best evening show or lobster night in the dining room (if they still have it). Any suggestions?

You can still join the Roll Call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=951733&page=71

Cruise compasses for IOS: http://www.elmhurstprop.com/compass/Compass_menu.pdf

Archived