Divi Little Bay Beach Resort

mttk2

Divi Little Bay Beach Resort

Has anyone ever been there with the ships tours? Thinking of booking for our group of 19 for Feb. Is it worth doing or does anyone have a better suggestion? Something for kids and adults, water sports, etc.?

I have signed up for the RCCI shore excursion at Little Divi. I know we could go on our own, but when you do the math and add up water taxi to the beach, beach chairs, 2 drinks and lunch, it seems like an okay deal to go with the organized tour.

We are interested in knowing exactly what water sports toys are available for rent at Little Divi. I've searched the St. Maarten board for parasailing and all the references are to Orient Beach.

Does anyone know if you can parasail from Little Divi? I'm not up for going to Orient and the whole 'clothing optional' experience.

thanks,

Debbi

http://www.divilittlebay.com/divilittlebay/resort.asp

Hope this helps. We too booked thru RCCL for March. Not only do they have lunch, drinks, chairs, but you also get to use the pools if you like. If you go on your own, you aren't permitted (not sure how hard they check) to use the resort pools. It looks like a beautiful resort. Definately NOT clothes optional. The watersports center there is opening this month!!

went to the site.....it looks amazing. here's my question....when i go to rccl excursions for st. martin.....i can't spot this one. i see a beach excursion for orient beach and then 2 without a specific beach mentioned. unless i keep missing it (which is definitely possible!!!) how is it listed?

Hi everyone,

We just went to Divi Little Bay the day after Christmas. We went on our own and were very, very pleased. It is about 7-10 minutes from the pier and cost $4/pp each way taxi fare. Asked the taxi driver to come back at a preset time to pick us up and he did.

The beach is gorgeous and one reason we chose it was because it was so family friendly and we had heard no clothing optional. We didn't see any nudity at all.

The watersports place is great! We rented jetskis - $45 for 30 minutes for the jetski (not per person). They were the big, fast kind and my husband and I each had a child behind us. They let you go completely on your own and we felt like we owned the bay! It was so much fun. The watersports people come out in the bay on their own jetski and tell you that your time is up. When you go way out into the bay - you can see the ships docked at the pier. It was really neat.

They do have parasailing and my son (8 years old) and I did a tandem for $90. My daughter pointed out that it wasn't as high as some that we had seen in other ports, but it was just great for us. I would recommend that you tell the guy operating the boat that you want a really great ride and you want to be "dipped". They only did it with us and not the other passengers because I really talked it up. We definitely got the best ride. Also, they will try to get you to let them take pictures for you for $12. We did this and it was so disappointing. You couldn't not even tell that it was us - it could have been any random people on the parasail - so take someone with you to take pictures (they'll let you take one person). The guy who took them was also the guy who got us going in the parasail so he was too busy to take pictures of us landing or taking off. Just a suggestion.

They also have a boat that will take you snorkeling and a dive boat. We didn't do either so I can't really tell you about that. They have a banana boat ride ($10/each for 15 minutes). They have kayaks, floats, big wheeled paddler things - just about everything you would want.

Chairs were $5/each and an umbrella was $5. We found a little sandwich/salad/smoothie shop in their shopping promenade that had sandwiches,etc. for about $6/each. Just took our lunch back to our chairs and enjoyed the view!

We had a great time!

Lisa

Archived