Just Booked on Allure 6 March 2011! ANyone Else?

I just did the most advanced planned thing I ever did in my life-

Booked a cruise for the fam and in-laws 1 whole year in advance-

So Just thought I would share the details here, after just having a great cruise on deck 14, boardwalk balcony on Oasis a couple weeks ago.

Now i reserved 3 side by side ocean facing balconies again on deck 14. My criteria was to get the rooms fairly near the front elevator stack, to be closer the royal tots/kids area. I liked deck 14 because your one flight of stairs below the open deck. Also, I opted to get an ocean facing room because I missed a lot of the entrances and exits into port on the oasis because i was in my room, and my 14th month old dictates the schedule... and this time- i would like to wake up to watch the sea as we enter/leave each port. I loved the boardwalk view with the auqauatheatre and action but I want to feel the ocean more this time.

My original intent was do a late summer Oasis cruise this year, but the prices and availability are real tight, so I figured the money would be better spent on D1 type rooms on a new brand-new ship, and the prices for the Allure start coming down from the innaugural highs beginning January 9th. Also the Allure leaves on Sunday and hits nassau first, which i mentioned in other posts-works better for me.

I am paying 3,088 for the double occupany rooms, and 4103 for the triple. D1s. (I dont see anyone really putting price on this forum, but Im always curious or not if Im getting a good deal- I checked with a travel agent, but I ended up getting this rate on RCI online, and then calling them to work out the details with the adjoining room reservations. let me know your thoughts...).

March 6th is also the cruise that will be absorbing the surge of brazillians on carnival vacation, and having went on the presidents day week cruise that coinciding with that this year- i dont have any problems with that. (it also is school break from my 17 year old brother in law.)

We just booked Allure for 1/23/11. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! It has been 5 years since I have been cruising and it is killin' me.

We are booked on the 6th deck, ocean veranda, and I think we payed something like $2752 or close to that. That doesn't include airfare, and it is Eastern Caribbean. We went through a Travel agent and it is just us that booked, so no group discounts or anything.

I hope we got a good cabin and location. We need to be in the middle of the ship both front/back and top/bottom. My husband and I sometimes get alittle seasick the first few days. As long as we have an ocean balcony it is all good.

The countdown is on!!!

Thats sounds like a good place to be, right in the middle of the boardwalk, central park and the promenade by stairs..

My wife got a little seasick on the first day at sea on the oasis which was suprising because it really wasnt moving that much. the seasickness started because we had to go to deck 2 to pick up a luggage that had a clothes steamer in it which was mistaken for an iron on their x-ray... but it passed fast

Yes Also booked for march 6th, 2011, and also booked the week before! Just finished a back to back on Oasis and can't wait for the Allure....By the way am going back on the Oasis may 1st this year for the Western swing!...Happy sailing all

widpny, am also booked on allure 1/23/11. was on deck 10 of oasis in january. at that time, decided unlike other ships, higher is not better. can not go wrong with decks 6,7,8. you will be close to all the action. personally decided to try deck 8 as central park is so nice and park cafe will be close for those famous roast beef sandwiches. for you guys on deck 14, remember the port side entrance to the upper bridge. some of the best views from the ship and many found it to almost be their own oasis. but really, is there a bad location on this class of ship?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived