balcony or inside for Pride of America

findmewdw

We are a family of 4. We have two kids that are 15 and 12. We've only been on one cruise, Disney, when the kids were a few years younger. We want to take the Pride of America. Is a balcony worth 700 more? We were fine with an inside room on Disney, but I think these rooms are a bit smaller. We'd like to save the money for other things on our trip, but we don't want to be too crowded. Opinions?

We are taking the POA for the first time in Sept. However, we have been on multiple other cruises and would not be without a balcony. To us it is worth it to be able to get away from the crowds on deck and relax in our own space. Besides I love having a huge window. We have traveled with a teen and then when he was a young adult and it was nice having the extra space.

We are a family of 4. We have two kids that are 15 and 12. We've only been on one cruise, Disney, when the kids were a few years younger. We want to take the Pride of America. Is a balcony worth 700 more? We were fine with an inside room on Disney, but I think these rooms are a bit smaller. We'd like to save the money for other things on our trip, but we don't want to be too crowded. Opinions?

findmewdw,

We have not sailed on POA but have been on several other NCL ships.

With a family of 4 wanting to conserve I see no reason not to book inside or ocean view as opposed to a balcony.

Remember, you dont have sea days on this cruise. You would be off of the ship for some very full days. How would you really use your $700 balcony?

I took my DS (21) on the POA cruise last September. We had a balcony and I loved it. The rooms are small - if all of you are staying in one room the extra space would be great. I loved getting up early - making coffee and taking it out on the balcony while my son slept in. It was also great for sailing by the Napali (spelling?) coastline. But to be honest - because there are no sea days - we spent very little time on the ship.

with a family of 4..you can do alot with $700..there s alot to see on the

islands and that money will go a long way getting you from place to place..

but, the view from the balcony..especially in Hawaii would be fantastic..if money is not an issue..then id go with a balcony..

We have stayed insides on Disney and NCL Jade. I suggest setting up the room with 2 single beds instead of 1 big bed, have kids on upper berths. It really opens up more usable walking area, room feels bigger. Also easier to get luggage from under single beds too. Yes, save $700. :)

I've done insides, windows & balconies on other cruises and with most the balcony is wonderful. However, because of the many posts I've read regarding the POA cruise, which we take next March, I believe we won't be on the ship nearly enough to make the balcony worth the money. I'm doing inside & will have no problem viewing the Napali coast from up on deck. From this location I'll also be able to hear the narration whereas from a private balcony we wouldn't be able to hear it. Enjoy!

Archived