Pricing shock 4/1/10

azalice

When I was on the Azamara online site, I hit on the new pricing structure information and was shocked. An inside room on my Aug.2010 12 day cruise had a bottom price of $6098. The current price, apparently if you book before April 1, is $3149. That is one heck of a jump in price for a small inside cabin.

Alice

Hi!

What you stumbled upon is brochure rates...

Brochure rates are known as Bullsh.. poo poo rates

Every cruise line has brochure rates and rarely if ever are brochure rates ever quoted, they're printed but not used...that way they can trick you to think you got a good deal!

It's like hotel rack rates...you never pay a rack rate there's always some variation of a special going on

Because AZ is embracing Bull poo poo marketing strategy of 2 for 1 rates, just like Oceania...this is how they can set those rates...so somehow you think you are getting a good deal...

Also, another trick cruise lines do is to say purchase ocean view and you get a free upgrade to balcony...well if you have been studying the rates long enough..you can see as soon as they offer that special the ocean view rate actually goes UP!!! so, you're actually nowpaying for the "FREE" upgrade

It's the same thing elsewhere for consumers....

You know how when a store is going out of business they mark up to mark down...and many times that marked down price is far more than what it ever was when it was on sale...

It really annoys me when corporations think I'm not a savvy shopper of any type of goods...clothes, electronics, travel....

I wouldn't put ANY stock in that brochure rate...EVER!

Hope this helps

Archived