Scholarship at Sea

MoreLemonPledge

I think Princess is phasing it out. It was not offered on the Tahitian (Ocean) in the fall.

The courses are mostly technology courses. Things like Photoshop, Word and Excel. There is a charge of about $25 or $30/class. There may be a price break for taking several.

I think Princess is phasing it out. It was not offered on the Tahitian (Ocean) in the fall.

The courses are mostly technology courses. Things like Photoshop, Word and Excel. There is a charge of about $25 or $30/class. There may be a price break for taking several.

Princess is not phasing out the program but sometimes it does not run because of the itinerary or the lack of leadership by the cruise director. There are many other courses - computers@sea is only one of them. Every ship I was on last year (3) had the scholarship@sea program running and they are including a more varied selection as time goes on. A good summary of possible courses is at http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/activities/daytime_activities/day_scholarship/index.html

• 2 months later...
how could we find out what will be offerred on our cruise? (if any of them)

It's my first Princess cruise, and I'd love to partake in some of them.

Any answers? I leave in 3 weeks and would love to know how to find out what will be offered on my Alaska cruise. I'm not interested in technology-type courses....more about arts or cuisine.

The pottery at sea is a great class. My DW & I took it on the Island Princess this spring. It is a wheel thrown pottery class and also a chance to glaze premade items. I think this is only offered on the Island and Coral.

The pottery at sea is a great class. My DW & I took it on the Island Princess this spring. It is a wheel thrown pottery class and also a chance to glaze premade items. I think this is only offered on the Island and Coral.

Yes the wheels are only on the Coral and Island. Ceramics@Sea is available on most ships.

The Scholarship@Sea program is an ever evolving product which is changing and improving regularly.

• 2 weeks later...
Any answers? I leave in 3 weeks and would love to know how to find out what will be offered on my Alaska cruise. I'm not interested in technology-type courses....more about arts or cuisine.

It really can vary from cruise to cruise. I have been on both the Emerald and Ruby (sister ships - 3000 passengers) and they have had computer and other tech classes, And yes. there usually is a charge for them. However, I am also one of the guest lecturers who contract independently with Princess, on a cruise by cruise basis. I have kept to the Caribbean cruises so far and some of my titles are: "The Bermuda Triangle, Love it or Leave It - If you can" "The Story of Blackbeard the Pirate, as told by his First Mate Israel Hands" (in costume, in character); Ancient Atlantis, from Plato to Edgar Cayce and Beyond" "The Eastern Caribbean before Columbus" (leans towards anthropologic review), and "Sea Monsters - Fact or Fiction". My next bookings are the New Years cruise on the Emerald (Dec 28 - Jan 7) and April 30 - May 7, 2011 on the Crown.

Happy Cruising!

Archived