Victory Review 2/21....w/PICS

newt98

I enjoyed every minute of it. Since we'll be sailing on the Victory in September, it is wonderful to have the pictures and experiences of a previous traveler to put us on the right track.

I especially want to thank you for the heads up about the scam artist in San Juan. If we see him, we'll know his story is bogus!

I'll be looking for future reviews from you. You put a great spin on things! Thanks again!

thank you very much!;)

Dirkgun:

So sorry to hear that you had to miss St. Maarten. I know you hated that, but like you said, "guess you'll have to go back". I'm cruising on The Victory on April 25th and hopefully that won't happen to us.

Mike: What a great review. Thanks for posting all. I got more and more excited as your review went on.

Dirkgun: Your review was good as well, but I need to find it again to make sure I finished it. Thanks for posting it.

If you look at my signature there is a link to my review. Thanks for the comments though. This review is so much more detailed ....Mike you definitely have a knack for it.

Newt98, we were looking into staying at the Caribe Hilton. Just wondering what you paid per night to stay there. thanks

I am certainly not trying to Hijack his review thread ... just noticed the question. We paid $88 per room per night in Feb through Priceline. Man oh man was it worth it. It is a great place to stay.:cool::D

Newt98, we were looking into staying at the Caribe Hilton. Just wondering what you paid per night to stay there. thanks

we got it on priceline for somewhere in the $70 range, it was a great price.

I am certainly not trying to Hijack his review thread ... just noticed the question. We paid $88 per room per night in Feb through Priceline. Man oh man was it worth it. It is a great place to stay.:cool::D

don't worry about it. yes, it was a great place to stay.

newt98

Thank you for the pictorial. I enjoyed every minute of your cruise.

I read your pictorial, as well as Dirkgun's, and two others (one of them was from a year ago) and have enjoyed everyone's review. Last Sunday I booked this cruise based on everyone's reviews and pictures.

I hope we have as much fun on ours as you all did with yours!

newt98

I read your pictorial, as well as Dirkgun's, and two others (one of them was from a year ago) and have enjoyed everyone's review. Last Sunday I booked this cruise based on everyone's reviews and pictures.

Welcome to the Victory group. Alas my family is not sailing until July. But, glad you booked.

If you or anyone else sails in a suite, or cabin with a flat screen- can you look to see if there is a headphone input. Thanks

newt98

thanks, i hope you have as much fun as the rest of us.:)

thanks, i hope you have as much fun as the rest of us.:)

Mike...love the review and the pics.

quick question for you...when you dropped your luggage off at the ship on sunday, did you get your sail and sign card before you went sight seeing?

And if you did, did you have to board the ship and then disembark on another deck?

:confused:

Mike...love the review and the pics.

quick question for you...when you dropped your luggage off at the ship on sunday, did you get your sail and sign card before you went sight seeing?

And if you did, did you have to board the ship and then disembark on another deck?

:confused:

we got right on the ship beacuse we had already spent three days in san juan. but you could just drop your luggage and them go back into town without getting your S&S card.

more night pics on the deck

107l20h.jpg

funnel

x209xw.jpg

i dont know why i like this pic so much, it was in my last review on the valor also. i think i like it because i have to take so many to try and get the lighting correct.

34godau.jpg

this is the aft pool on the night the pool was closed all evening for a private party. i actually had to go through the barricades to get this pic. this area was closed off from 6:00 until 2:00. and they had the only working ice cream machine.

zyfwq9.jpg

i think these are adult hot tubs in the rear of the ship

2jrsr7.jpg

I noticed in one of your pics you had a canon camera. I assume a SLR from some of the shots you took. What settings to you have on for the night time shots here?

I can't express how much I enjoyed your review - I found it a few hours ago, and could hardly move away from my computer. We are leaving on the same cruise this Sunday!! It's my first cruise, my first Spring Break trip since I became a teacher, and I'm going with a great group of friends. You have inspired many people to cruise and to share their pix. Thanks so much and thank your wife, too, for letting you share your vacation with us.

Wendy

Fabulous review!! I particularly enjoyed the parts about St. Thomas and St. Maarten, as we'll be there the first week of May!! I thought it brave of you to take your DSLR on one of those "water taxi's." :eek:

So, how many cameras do you carry along?! Looking at your EXIF data I counted at least five! I thought my taking three was a bit much! :D You mentioned checking out the camera stores in St. Martin... did they have a large selection of canon lenses, and if so, did you happen to see any good deals on them?! I'm in the market for an ultra wide angle and am hoping to score a deal. I'll consider sigma and tokina mounts, as well, if they carry them.

Thanks again for the super review and any feedback you can provide!

Fabulous review!! I particularly enjoyed the parts about St. Thomas and St. Maarten, as we'll be there the first week of May!! I thought it brave of you to take your DSLR on one of those "water taxi's." :eek:

So, how many cameras do you carry along?! Looking at your EXIF data I counted at least five! I thought my taking three was a bit much! :D You mentioned checking out the camera stores in St. Martin... did they have a large selection of canon lenses, and if so, did you happen to see any good deals on them?! I'm in the market for an ultra wide angle and am hoping to score a deal. I'll consider sigma and tokina mounts, as well, if they carry them.

Thanks again for the super review and any feedback you can provide!

thanks. we had a canon rebel, canon powershot, i think a panasonic lumix, plus two underwaters. i didnt think there were any great deals on cameras in st maarten. we didnt buy any camera equipment there, and we wanted too.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for your review!

We're taking this cruise on June 27th and all the reviews I've read on this site just make me more anxious! Thanks for your effort, I enjoyed it a lot.

Your pictures are awesome too! I see why you carry so many cameras :D

Hollybelle, I haven't been in St. Marteen, but in my last cruise (Aug 2008) I went to St. Thomas and they had nice prices in electronics. I got a Coolpix P90+bag+4gb card for 300$. Next week I saw it in Tiger Direct for 360$+Tax, and even today is 380$ in Amazon.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot for your review!

We're taking this cruise on June 27th and all the reviews I've read on this site just make me more anxious! Thanks for your effort, I enjoyed it a lot.

Your pictures are awesome too! I see why you carry so many cameras :D

Hollybelle, I haven't been in St. Marteen, but in my last cruise (Aug 2008) I went to St. Thomas and they had nice prices in electronics. I got a Coolpix P90+bag+4gb card for 300$. Next week I saw it in Tiger Direct for 360$+Tax, and even today is 380$ in Amazon.

Cheers!

I'm on the same cruise...make sure you join our roll call!!

• 1 year later...

Archived