unique or different things you pack for your cruise

ckr31

Instead of bringing a small tackle box for jewerly I bring 2 of those pill cases in different colors( the monday-sunday ones.) the ones I have have small compartments on one side(for earrings) and larger compartments (for necklaces) on the other side. One pill case is for my gold jewerly one for silver the only thing it does not fit is my chunky stone jewerly.

A few years ago I began to collect ammolite gemstones as a 'hobby', I mounted them as both pendants, and lapel pins.

Now, when I cruise I select a piece to go with every shirt that I wear, [since each gem is unique in both colour, and shape]. I also wear the odd piece of ammonite. My wife also has a supply.

I also carry a few 'extras' so that I may use them for extra tipping.

john

A blow up raft or noodle for beach. Leave behind at end of trip for next guest.

The noodle is flexable enough to pack around edge of suitcase.

Small rubbermaid bottle to fill with O juice to have later in day.

List of everything I have with me - by suitcase -just in case a suitcase gets lost i'll know what I need to replace, and what to put on claim.

Copies of drivers license, passport, credit card front and back in case they get lost you will have number to report.

Audio books and music to listen to or paperbacks to leave behind.

Double stick tape to hem pants or close gaping top. Small sewing kit.

We bring our handheld GPS, about the size of a cellphone, and mark a waypoint when we get off the ship in various ports. In case we get turned around, we still can find our way back to the ship by following the arrow.

As to copies of our passports and everything in our wallet ... we photograph fronts and backs of everything and load those pix into a password-protected jump drive, which I keep safely with my jewelry and other valuables.

1) A fleece coverup for the AM or PM on the balcony when it is just a bit cool.

2) Thermal plastic glasses for cocktails on the balcony.

3) A small (maybe one quart) rubbermaid container to take to the buffet to fill up with iced tea for the fridge.

4) Limes (for gin and tonics) and lemons (for iced tea) and a small knife to cut them.

5) A journal to write down our adventures each day.

6) Quarters, a dryer sheet and detergent for the laundry.

I second the "over the door" organizer. I am short, DH is tall, so he gets the top spots and I get the lower ones. I also bring two highlighters (pink for me, blue for him = purple both) to mark the Patter with things we want to do.

I am not a coffee drinker, but DH lives on the stuff. Can anyone tell me more about the coffee card? Is that similar to the soda card?

Thanks.

Archived