References about Your Lucky tour

Ghan27

We just got off the carnival Freedom on the 27th October and used Eduardo Humphreys and it was the best tour of the cruise. Much better then using a ship tour and cheaper. We went to 4 or 5 different places including a grocery store to get coffee. He was great... took pictures and emailed them to us.. called us to verify we were coming and all that good stuff. Your Lucky Tour was very great

We have also booked with Eduardo Humphreys in February 2011 and are very much looking forward to it - We are doing the Vereguas Rain Forrest tour along with our son and daughter and law and our good friends from our home town in Canada - can't wait -- we got his name off of other people on Cruise Critic and were very pleased with the references so we are doing this tour with him

Hope others on the Jewel can join us too - the more the merrier:)

We have booked a tour for 4 people with Eduardo of Your Lucky Tours on the Jewel of the Seas in January and going to the Jaguar Rescue Centre, Banana Plantation and Cahuita National Park for the trail hike and the beach. Eduardo had been very prompt to respond by email and the cost is $62 pp for 4 of us - looking forward to it!

I just got back from my 10 day Panama Canal Cruise. I booked a private tour with Eduardo on Oct 31. He's a very friendly guy. He replied my email promptly. I actually email both Eduardo and JJ to get a quote for a private tour. JJ stopped replying me after I sent him the third email. I guess I asked him too many questions. :confused: But when I got to Costa Rica, Eduardo told me that JJ told him I booked with JJ. I told him no. JJ ignored me, why and how would I book with him? I am glad that I booked with Eduardo since he's nice and friendly and funny. Our trip in Costa Rica was very good! I highly recommend Eduardo to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
We have booked a tour for 4 people with Eduardo of Your Lucky Tours on the Jewel of the Seas in January and going to the Jaguar Rescue Centre, Banana Plantation and Cahuita National Park for the trail hike and the beach. Eduardo had been very prompt to respond by email and the cost is $62 pp for 4 of us - looking forward to it!

Your lucky tours is great, we went on an excursion with him , great communication, was on time, took us anywhere we wanted to go, and was inexpensive, would highly recommend.

Family of 4, we just returned from our 10-day Panama Canal trip aboard Coral Princess (wishing we were still sailing...)

Had a fun day with Eduardo and driver Rafael. Good local knowledge, no wasted time, stopped wherever/whenever we wanted. Answered any questions and was enthusiastic with information about his home country and the tour.

We visited Veragua Rainforest and a Banana Plantation. Would not hesitate to recommend Eduardo and his company.

Hint - If you get back to the Limon Port with time to spare after your trip with Eduardo, have him drop you off at the Municipal Marketplace so you can walk (less than 1/4 mile) back and see/eat/shop local.

- The Steers in Alaska

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cruisebrush,

This was the information luckytour emailed to me when I inquired about the rainforest.

Tour to

Veragua Rainforest - 6 hours

($105.00/person where $65.00/person admission fee is included)

With world-class facilities, astonishing natural beauty, and a commitment to conservation and scientific research, Veragua Rainforest is the place to visit. Admission fees and lunch included in the tour price.

The price for Veragua Rainforest and Canal is $ 125 p / p. (This is a offer). You can write at Cruise Critic Roll call about your tour, if you get 4 or more the price will be $115 p/p.

Kind Regards

E. Humphreys

Is anyone out there interested in a river rafting trip on the 3rd of March 2011. Our family of three will be on the Jewel and we need six people. I emailed Eduardo to ask about the trip and he called me within 30 minutes! If you think you might like to do this trip email him at yourluckytour.com so that we can get a group together.

Thanks

Our group had a blast with Eduardo the end of Dec. There were 15 of us (youngest 15 yrs) and did the zipline and banana plantation tour. We skipped Playa Bonita as it was raining on and off that day, we just stopped by the beach just briefly so we could make our own decision if we wanted to stay awhile. His family came along too! His beautiful daughter teaches english and was so informative about Costa Rica. She even gave the kids some Costa Rican money to take hame as a souviner. So sweet. His wife is lovely and his 14 yr old son so cute. along the way we stopped at a roadside fruit stand where we got great fresh fruit and sipped from coconuts! There was a restroom and an interesting animal in a cage for us to look at. We also stopped at a local store (Beer!) where we were able to take pics of a kid with a momma sloth with a baby onboard. This was an awesome tour! We felt completely safe and comfortable. No worries about getting back to the ship in time to shop a bit. We fell in love with Costa Rica and would love to return soon. Our whole group would highly recommend Eduardo and YourLuckyTour.

"I have ask for a tour twice on his website in 3 days and have not heard from him yet. We sail on Jan 15. Help!!!!"

UPDATE****

I don't know why my 2 request for a tour did not get through to him on his website, but someone mentioned here that he also had a Facebook page for his tours, so I went there and requested it again. I left my email address and my phone #. He called and talked to my husband the next morning while I was at work. Hubby didn't know what to tell him as I handle all of the tour stuff for our cruise group. Eduardo called again today and I was at work again....LOL Hubby told him when I would be home and he called promptly and we have everything ironed out and he is personally taking us on our tour on Jan. 19. He sounds so nice and accommodating. Yippee! We are so excited as he comes so VERY highly recommended. He has since answered several of my emal questions and we are all set for the tour and can't wait to be with him. Thanks SO MUCH Eduardo!!! BTW, we doing the 4 hour tour to the canal, coffee farm, city sights, shopping, fruit tasting, Banana farm, beach/lunch, all for just $45.

Kathy in Maine

I emailed Eduardo this evening and he got back to me right away. I inquired about the White Water rafting tour. I have been reading through the thread but not much information about the white water rafting so if anyone has done this please let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

We have booked a combination rain forest/canal tour with Lucky Tours due to the high number of favorable comments on this thread and others. After e-mailing Eduardo, he has called me twice here in New Hampshire to answer questions and confirm arrangements. We are looking forward to our tour on Saturday, January 22nd of this month. I shall come back on these boards to let everyone know how it goes.

A group of 6 of us did a tour in Costa Rica with Your Lucky Tours on 10th January and I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY. We were put on a rickety old bus that had no suspension with a driver who had limited English and a 20 year old student "guide" who had very little knowledge, was not a professional guide, and was just along for the ride. No sign of Eduardo throughout the tour. The "guide" had no idea of timescales and at the last stop - the banana plantation we were too late and they were closing up for the day.

We went to the Jaguar Rescue Centre which was lovely and Cahuita National Park which we also enjoyed, despite the awful transport and lack of a guide who could tell us about the plants and animals that we saw.

If you want a properly guided tour in a decent, safe vehicle, do not use Your Lucky Tours.

• 2 weeks later...
We have booked a combination rain forest/canal tour with Lucky Tours due to the high number of favorable comments on this thread and others. After e-mailing Eduardo, he has called me twice here in New Hampshire to answer questions and confirm arrangements. We are looking forward to our tour on Saturday, January 22nd of this month. I shall come back on these boards to let everyone know how it goes.

I have posted too many times on other threads about our excellent experience. Check out the other threads. I highly recommend Eduardo and "Your Lucky Tours". We had the good luck to book with him!

My husband and I and 5 other friends had a wonderful day with Eduardo Humphreys from YOUR LUCKY TOUR at Costa Rica on Jan. 20, 20ll. He was just outside the port gate holding a sign with my name on it. We joined him on a very nice small bus that can seat as many as 28 passengers. It was a comfortable ride with nice air conditioning. Our first stop was the roadside fruit stand where we got to sample a number of different fresh fruits. YUM! (there was a box on the table for donations if you wish to contribute) We were also greeted by a couple of pretty little girls offering hibiscus flowers to the ladies in our group (we gave them some change in appreciation.) Eduardo showed us a pod from the cocoa plants and told us how it becomes cocoa. A young boy had a good-size 3-toed sloth hanging from a rod that we got to take photos of up close. From there we left the fruit stand and drove to the canals to ride the riverboat. Our driver was Rupert and he was a cool guy with a good eye for spotting wildlife as was Eduardo. We rode a long way up the canal and they pointed out quite a number of wildlife for us to see and photograph. We saw howler monkey's up in the trees as well a two-toed and three-toed sloths, a big snake up on a branch, a cayman (small variety of croc) some Jesus Christ Lizards --they actually walk on water! Also saw a few different kinds of birds (but no toucan :-( . After the canal trip we went to the banana plantation and walked on the path through the trees and then watched how they are processed for shipping. Next we stopped at Playa Bonita Beach where we went to the upper level of the open air restaurant where we bought our own lunch (Eduardo was right there to help with the ordering) We were supposed to stop at a small coffee farm and then stop to buy coffee, but though conversation with Eduardo we found out that he and his family share the same faith as us so we skipped the last to stops and stopped for a short visit with his wife and son and then a stop at the local Kingdom Hall where we met other spiritual friends. For us that is very special and it also shows that Eduardo can easily adjust to the needs of each group that tours with him. His English is excellent and he is a funny man who shares good jokes. I would highly recommend him to anyone and would certainly tour with him again.

• 3 weeks later...

Another positive review for Eduardo and Your Lucky Tour. Recently got back and really enjoyed the information he shared and the humor he did it with. It was amazing how the guide on the river and his helper could spot animals and birds at a distance. The banana plantation was quite interesting as well. All in all a worthwhile tour. Try to get Eduardo to go with you if possible. He is very personable and really tries to make a visit to Costa Rica a good experience for everyone.

Tip, I see that you took the veragua rain forest and canal tour with YLT. I am interested in the same tour. how many of you were there and how much does he charge for this tour? Any pointers on what we need to bring or be prepared for when we do this tour?

Thanks!

Tip, I see that you took the veragua rain forest and canal tour with YLT. I am interested in the same tour. how many of you were there and how much does he charge for this tour? Any pointers on what we need to bring or be prepared for when we do this tour?

Thanks!

Archived