Miracle Southern Caribbean Feb 24 Review

we sailed for a short while enjoying drinks, and song and it was than time to do some swimming and snorkeling...

prior to getting off the catamaran we all had to sign in to a roll call..

we all laughed thinking about that movie....

IMG_1401.JPG

It was a little difficult for me to get off the catamaran..Mike just jumped off the side...I had on a vest to help me float...and with the encouragment on my CC friends I just flung myself off the bottom of the ladder...I should have held my nose...due to my vest I came right to the surface with a mouth full of very salt water....I saw a beer in my future...

here we all are enjoying the caribbean sea....

we stayed about 45 minutes and than it was time to continue back to the ship...getting on was not too bad..we had the nice strong crew to pull us in....

while we were anchored a young man came by with fresh coconuts..we bought one for $5 and had the bar tender break it up for us...so we enjoyed the ride, the fresh coconut and the drinks..

ry%3D400

Mike and Gracia enjoy the fresh coconut and rum punch....

..but before we could leave they took roll call...there was one passenger who had enjoyed so much rum punch that she did not recognize her own name...they called for her at least 5 times....there is always one ..

so off we went...and within a few minutes YMCA was playing...and the party had started...the CC group was now rockin the catamaran..

now came the drinking contest...

ry%3D400

Ed gets his grove on before coming in 2end in the beer drinking contest..now let it be know that he beat out all the "younger participants"

....now it was my turn..

IMG_1405.JPG

and again I came in 2end beating out the younger crowd....

Ed you and I rock !!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Mike and Gracia are enjoying the show.....

we arrived back at the ship a little sun burned, well hydrated and with big smiles...we had the best time...for me the catamaran was one of my favorite parts of the trip...it was a blast ....highly recommended ...

..next up....

St Kitts....and than Nick and Nora's...

Did the catamaran sail by the Pitons? Seems like I read on the description for the land and sea tour from Serenity that it does?? Just curious. Thanks again for the great review! I am really enjoying it!

I know this is a little of topic but Gracia is a very unique name. Does she post on here? I have the same name so it is very strange to find another.:)

She doesn't post much, but when she does it's under cruiserookie05

Scott and Kathy

Another view of the Pitons from the cat

P2280140.JPG

Sailing back to dock on cat

P2280155.JPG

Scott and Kathy

That's a great shot of the Miracle :) We were able to count back and see exactly which balcony is going to be our's :D From previous experience I know that the 8 months til we board will be here before we know it!

Which nights during this cruise were the formal nights? We are sailing on this intin in Nov, 2010 and are trying to decide on a night for Nick and Nora's.

day 2 and day 7 or on our cruise it was 1st sea day and 3rd sea day

Papanh Ed

I know this is a little of topic but Gracia is a very unique name. Does she post on here? I have the same name so it is very strange to find another.:)

Hi everyone,

I just found this yesterday and I have to say that I am really enjoying all

Nancy's posts as well as Ed's and Scott's pictures and Capers. Once again, I want to thank you all for making my first cruise so memorable. You were awesome, not to mention my cousin, Kathi, who kept me in line most of the time...sort of.

As Kathi mentioned, I am the "shy" one, so I don't post very often. I have only heard my name once or twice before, but have never met anyone with the same name, so yes, that seems a little strange. What part of the country are you from? And do you know the origination of your name?

Keep those posts coming, Nancy, they are great!

Gracia

...so after our very very fun day in St Lucia we were looking foward to St Kitts , which for us would be a quite day at the beach...

ry%3D400

We arrived early into St Kitts and the sun was out and it was warm..we finally had hot weather..a perfect day for the beach...

ry%3D400

We walked to the end of the pier and found a cab to take us to Cockshell Beach....I had read on CC that the cost should be about $6/pp each way

the roads were very steep and our driver did not seem to understand the speed limit...it was kind of heart wrenching ...the trip was about 30 minutes

ry%3D400

we rented 2 chairs and an umbrella for $15..we choose to head down the beach away from the crowd...

the water was clear and DH and I did some snorkeling....

ry%3D400

we had a great view of Nevis

ry%3D400

we walked beach and it was more crowded further down I did see many people getting massages right on the beach but have no idea how much the cost was..

we had lunch at the Spice Mill...I had conch and DH had fish sandwich..

our bill wasabout $39 and our view was priceless

ry%3D400

it was a great day...and the perfect way to end the port calls....

..up next monkeys....

Hi everyone,

I just found this yesterday and I have to say that I am really enjoying all

Nancy's posts as well as Ed's and Scott's pictures and Capers. Once again, I want to thank you all for making my first cruise so memorable. You were awesome, not to mention my cousin, Kathi, who kept me in line most of the time...sort of.

As Kathi mentioned, I am the "shy" one, so I don't post very often. I have only heard my name once or twice before, but have never met anyone with the same name, so yes, that seems a little strange. What part of the country are you from? And do you know the origination of your name?

Keep those posts coming, Nancy, they are great!

Gracia

i am from so cal but my mom and grandma were from kansas. The other Gracia that I have spoken with was from Kansas also but lived in No. Cal. I don't know where the name came from or what it means but I like it and except for being called garcia I have enjoyed it. What about you? Do you know anything about the name? Sorry to hijack thread.

well have not been able to post for the past few days due to work :rolleyes:

after our wonderful day at the beach we headed back to the ship we had pre-arranged with our cab driver to pick us up at 2PM

when we arrived back at the port we had some time to walk around

we ran into the monkees

ry%3D400

Susie sat on my head and I felt a warm liquid yes it was pee!

the owners were very happy too pose the monkees for pictures but beware after you take the picture they want $$ I gave him 5 he wanted 10

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Mike had a chance with twins

after our time with the monkees it was time to say goodbye to St Kitts and start the trip home

ry%3D400

the Miracle heads home

..next up the end

Being the last island we visited, we had several ideas on what to do. We tried to do a tour with Royston, but we never got a firm commitment from him so we tried another idea. We had heard about a fantastic class put on my Caribbean Cooks. We didn't set up the class before getting on

board, but hey they have internet on-board right. We emailed Wendy hoping that she still had room available in the class, knowing it had limited availability. The morning we docked I went to the internet cafe to see if I had a response. Just our luck, the internet was down. Something about a storm knocking out the signal. We found out later that we could have gone, but not knowing if it was full or not, we didn't want to take a chance. The fellow CC members that did go said it was fantastic.

After much discussion we decided to take a tour up to Brimestone Hill. We weren't disappointed!

P3010182.JPG

The fort was built starting in 1690, by the British. A look around and you can see why the French and British both wanted this hilltop fortress.

P3010184_1.JPG

Kathy didn't want to climb up to the top of the fort, so she stayed on the level area and toured some of the ruins on the lower level.

P3010192.JPG

If you get a chance to visit this historic fort on your stop at St Kitts, you will enjoy every minute of your visit.

We saw monkeys too, but they were the aboriginal drawing type.

P3010166.JPG

All and all, we enjoyed our visit to the island, but after talking to other CC members, we kind of wished you had time to visit one of the many beautiful beaches for some relax time on the sand.

As we sailed away from the islands we enjoyed a pleasant view of the moon from our balcony wondering if and when we might return to these magical islands.

P3010216.JPG

Sorry to say that I don't have the capers from our day on St Kitts. Will post the final days soon.

Scott and Kathy

We did the Caribbean Cooks in St Kitts, it was an enjoyable 2 1/2 hours

of the history of foods of the Caribbean and Wendy was very interesting

as she cooked and explained the food and cooking methods.

At the end of the course we got to eat what she prepared.

IMG_1427.JPG

IMG_1429.JPGIMG_1436.JPGcert1_1.jpg

It was a beautiful home they had the class in and you can see the Carnival Miracle from their home

Papanh

sorry I have been traveling for work......nothing as exciting as the the islands, rather Pinehurst,NC :rolleyes:

so after our wonderful day on St Kitts we had dinner at Nick and Nora's

I booked on line and was really looking forward to it

Sadly it was somewhat dissappointing to us not that the food was not wonderful as well as the service so I am not sure why Thinking back on it I think it may have something to do with the fact that we had been dieting and were not able to eat all the food, as well as the fact that we were at a 2 top in a section of the main dining room alone

Now for the food I had the lobster bisque which was wonderful, I also had the surf and turf whch was done perfectly. DH had the Porterhouse and could not finish it :(

For desert he had the chocolate trio and I had the cheesecake which was like half a cake

Now again it was lovey and the food great but the food and the service in the main dining room was wonderful as well

Would we do it again not sure

...........next up the last days

Archived