venice cruise port and vaporetta travel ???

dksailaway

Can someone explain how vaporetto service works, particulary from Venice cruise port and going to San Marco!!! I've seen route map which needs to be explained to me (but I'm good at using French Metro! ). Thanks!

:eek:

Can someone explain how vaporetto service works, particulary from Venice cruise port and going to San Marco!!! I've seen route map which needs to be explained to me (but I'm good at using French Metro! ). Thanks!

:eek:

there are 2 separate water bus systems. The primary 1 is ACTV. It doesn't go to the cruise terminal. The main line is the no 1 which links Piazzale Roma, the train station and so on via the Grand Canal to St. Mark's. There are stops on alternate sides of the canal every few hundred yards. 1,2 and 3 day passes are available. There are other lines as well. This is the main transportation system for Venice.

See http://www.europeforvisitors.com/venice

There is a private system called alilaguna. They run water buses from the airport. They also have a direct line, The M line, from the cruise terminal to St. Mark's

http://www.alilaguna.com

If you are to enjoy Venice, you must purchase a guide book and a map. Have fun. It is a wonderful place. Also, if you wan't to enjoy it, borrow 'city of falling angels' from your library.

Archived