Guernsey

Does anyone know if Guernsey is a tender port. We're interested in taking the bus around the island and were wondering if we can catch the bus near the pier. Has anyone taken the bus? Any other suggestions for a day in Guernsey?

Thanks,

Susan

Yes it is a tender port and can sometimes be a little tricky to get into if the sea is choppy so be prepared for a change of plan here as often the tenders are stopped from running. It's a lovely port of call - perfect for a stroll around with an interesting, easy to reach castle and also shops , harbour etc. or if you wish to see more of the island the bus is an easy option too and very cheap. There's a very good fish and chip shop!

• 2 weeks later...

This is a bizarre question, and I think I've read that this has happened in a port, but while reading about tender problems at the Channel Islands I was thinking... if tenders were put out, and the weather or seas changed, how do they get the pax back onboard from a port such as Guernsey?

Maybe it's a stupid question as I'm sure no Captain would risk tendering if a weather change was coming....:rolleyes:

This is a bizarre question, and I think I've read that this has happened in a port, but while reading about tender problems at the Channel Islands I was thinking... if tenders were put out, and the weather or seas changed, how do they get the pax back onboard from a port such as Guernsey?

Maybe it's a stupid question as I'm sure no Captain would risk tendering if a weather change was coming....:rolleyes:

The Captain gets weather reports and will not stop if there's any risk of not being to bring people back.No cruise ship company wants that kind of publicity LOL.

Actually there are other incidents that I was reading hence the prompt of the thought of this question. It has happened in Galapagos and in South Carolina. My only real thought about all of this was the logistics of this islands transportation system ie airport and what they would do to ensure you made your next port.

Archived