Juno excursions

I need to know if we are arriving in Juno at 2pm, will there be enough time to see both the Mendenhall Glacier and Whale watching? Last time we did it we had a blast and saw lots of whales, but it was a 9 or 10 am start time. I am afraid that it will get dark on us and we will not be able to see much. Has anybody done the afternoon excursion? Did you see lots of animals? We will be there mid August. :confused:

I need to know if we are arriving in Juno at 2pm, will there be enough time to see both the Mendenhall Glacier and Whale watching? Last time we did it we had a blast and saw lots of whales, but it was a 9 or 10 am start time. I am afraid that it will get dark on us and we will not be able to see much. Has anybody done the afternoon excursion? Did you see lots of animals? We will be there mid August. :confused:

I go to Juneau almost annually and always rent a car there (from Rent a Wreck).............all the other companies are clear out at the airport. You can drive yourself to many places, saving time and money. You can also pick a tour out there very inexpensively right there on the dock. You get lost because I believe the whole hiway is only 26 miles or something like that.

Juneau clings to the mountains and meets the sea. Douglass Island is across the bridge.

It's a great place to pick up things you forgot or want......there's a huge Fred Meyer right on the hiway.

HAVE FUN!:D

It depends on how much time you have in port , particularly if you plan to do this on your own and not through the ship's excurisions . Your posting doesn't state when the ship is departing from Juneau. Also remember daylight is longer in Alaska in the spring/summer so that shouldn't be problem

We are in Juno from 2pm to 10pm and going through the cruise line for the excursion like last time. It is a two part excursion we did in 2007 and had a blast. Saw lots of fish, bears, whales, sealions and cant wait to go again!!!

Archived