STAR -- Duty Free Shopping ???

sdpr73

Hey all, :confused:

Have only been on one cruise back in November now i am hooked (was on the RCI Navigator), they had some awesome duty free shopping for booze and such. Can i expect the same on the NCL STAR as welll. For example, i paid like $9.99US for a QUART of Kaluha, are prices on the STAR compairable?

As well on RCI, they had really nice costume jewlery (zirconias and such), and the wife would be thrilled to fill up the cofers with that stuff. Is this stuff availabe aborad the star as well?

Just wondering about this stuff as nobody really talks about the on-board shopping at all. Fill me in folks? Is there somewhat of a mid-ship main street like on the RCI Navigator ? All details possible would be MUCHO appreciated. ;)

Hey all, :confused:

Have only been on one cruise back in November now i am hooked (was on the RCI Navigator), they had some awesome duty free shopping for booze and such. Can i expect the same on the NCL STAR as welll. For example, i paid like $9.99US for a QUART of Kaluha, are prices on the STAR compairable?

As well on RCI, they had really nice costume jewlery (zirconias and such), and the wife would be thrilled to fill up the cofers with that stuff. Is this stuff availabe aborad the star as well?

Just wondering about this stuff as nobody really talks about the on-board shopping at all. Fill me in folks? Is there somewhat of a mid-ship main street like on the RCI Navigator ? All details possible would be MUCHO appreciated. ;)

I have searched everywhere and seen a few pics and stuff but liquor seems same price and jewellery seems to be only the "real stuff",......Anyone with insight. I know the clothing stores are similiar with RCI. Thnaks folks.....Cold here in Canada need to feel the warmth of the Pacific coast..ahhhhhhhhhh:D

All of the NCL ships I have been on have the gold plated chains sold by the inch, and the $10 watches. I know my daughter, 15, picked up a cubic zirconia ring for under $20 that actually looks pretty nice while on the MAJESTY. I'm sure the STAR will have some great bargains.

*28 inches of snow here in MA for us this weekend.....

Archived