Valor Disembarkation - Past Cruiser Info Needed..

aussieonwater

Just off the Valor today. I was in the first disembarkation group b/c my flight left Ft. Lauderdale at 12:05 p.m.

There are 2 options you have...

1) Take your luggage off yourself and be the first group off the ship. We did not do this but in hindsight we wished we had. This group was given clearance to depart around 8 a.m.

OR

2) Get in the first disembarkation group and wait for those carrying their luggage off to vacate, wait for the ship to regain clearance, and then be the first color group to disembark. This IS what we did and finally left the boat around 10 a.m. We arrived at the FLL airport via the Carnival shuttle around 11:15 a.m. for our 12:05 flight. We made it and the luggage made it but I wouldn't want to cut it any closer than we did. If the next flight out to my destination had not have been several hours away, we would not have booked the 12:05 flight.

Hope that helps!

Christi

Christi, our flight is 12:10 out of FTL. We have a shuttle scheduled to pick us up at 9:15...So it sounds like we will have to carry our luggage off? We would not get off until 10:00am, if we are called by color? Thanks for clearing this up...

CCNWATER -

I would carry off your luggage if you qualify. That way you're not all stressed out waiting to get called and you will beat some of the rush at the airport.

Are you using the Carnival shuttle or taxi? I recommend carrying your own off & taking a taxi. You will be one of the first off your boat to reach the airport that way. We fly Southwest so it's important to us to be at the airport soon so we can get that infamous "A" boarding pass!

We have Miami shuttle set to pick us up about 9:15. I figured if all went well, we would be at the airport no later then 10:15, gives us 2 hours to check in and be ready! So we will plan on taking our own luggage off. Thanks again Christi for your help! Make sure you post a review! This is our 1st Carnival cruise, we are very excited!

Archived