Deck 12 pride of America

1rocky

Hi this is my first posting .

Am part of an Aussie trio that have booked on the Pride of America 8 jan 2011. A penthouse suite on Deck 12. Wondering what the penthouse is like and what to expect. Is deck 12 a good spot How good is the cruise as well thanks in advance

I am thinking your question is less about DECK 12 and more about penthouse. There are different levels of penthouse cabins, AE, AD, AB, etc. Let us know what you actually booked and we will try to help.

In any event, NCL does the best job at sea with their suites.

Hi thank you for your quick response.

The cabin we have booked is AE 12512.

This will be our first trip to Hawaii. I have read some mixed reviews on different websites and then came to this site and joined.

Is it best to book shore excursions directly with the ship or wait till we get there. thank you

I have stayed twice on Deck 12 of the POAm, in Cat AE. I also have been in cabin 12512 to visit some friends.

The lanai is just a little bigger than the other AE rooms on this deck (same as 12012). The room will sleep up to 4 people.

You come in to the room, a small hallway with a changing room off to the side that also leads to the bathroom. The changing room has a closet and a make-up table on one side, with another set of closets on the other side with 6 drawers and shelves. The bathroom is a little larger than a regular one...and a tub for thin people.

The hallway has a set of shelves on the side with the refer and several large drawers.

Once inside the room opens up to a desk on the side and a king bed with a night table on each side. On the wall across from the bed is a large sofa that converts to a double bed.

On the wall that is the outside of the room, is the TV/DVD player, with a floor to ceiling window on one side and the sliding door on the other side. On the lanai there is usually a dining table with 4 chairs and 2 loungers with a small table.

To get to the bathroom there are two ways...from the changing room, and a side entery to the changing room from the large bed area.

There is also 2 sets of curtains to pull all the way accross the room to cut off the sofa from the bed area... one is a sheer type and the other is solid type.

On the on side of your cabin is another room, on the other side are some storage doors.

Close to the hamburger line and elevators.

The only noise I hear is some walking above on the deck when out on the lanai...I like deck 12 AE rooms...followed by deck 9 Cat AF rooms.

The up-coming cruise this summer I will be in cabin 12012 for the second time. Was in 12008 before. The side of the ship you are on is great for the north shore of Kauai Pali viewing.

Hope this helps out.

Chuck

• 3 weeks later...

After we'd cleared out of our stern balcony last December, my DD and I walked forward to see the suites. They were just gorgeous. Immediately my DD asked if we could afford one. She was very impressed and wanted one for our next cruise. However, she will have to put up with another stern balcony already booked for Canada/New England. Maybe one day. Lucky you!

Truthfully, some people hardly spend any time ON the ship. Instead they are bustling around getting every minute of shore time in.

I'd guess that if you had a lovely suite you might be tempted to cut some of your excursion time short in order to enjoy lunch at the steak house!

There are LOTS of activities going on every day. Check your Freestyle Daily for the times. They, for instance, do not have the hula class at the same time daily, so that more people will be able to attend at least a class or so. Sometimes it's early in the morning (8:30) and sometimes 4 p.m.

One thing that does occur at the same time daily is the port talk. One of the Hawaiian ambassadors will give a talk while you eat or drink coffee on the stern of deck 11 (outside the buffet). Questions are taken afterward, too. This is much better than just reading it in the Freestyle Daily because he will add so much more.

Thanks Everyone.

this is making it more exciting. :):)

FlashDog_1enjoy your trip to Canada/New England. Glad to hear that they are lovely and will be definitely going to the port talks. Is it better to book the shore excursions before you leave or wait till on the ship. We will not be hiring cars just taking the tours. Looking at the shore excursions on the ships website there are only a couple so far that interests us like the road to hana and the volcanoes with or without the waterfall.

Woodinville will definitely walk up to the thirteenth deck to see the lava. Were you able to take photos of the lava or was it to far away. Sorry for so many questions everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived