Your Fleet Locations for Monday, March 8, 2010!

luvtwotrvl

Monday.jpg

Monday, March 8, 2010

Amsterdam – At Sea (Indian Ocean: from Victoria, Mahé to Mumbai/Bombay, India)

Eurodam – Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos 7:00 am - 3:00 pm

Maasdam – Oranjestad, Aruba 10:00 am - 6:00 pm

Nieuw Amsterdam – Marghera (Fincantieri) Midnight – Midnight

Noordam – Samana, Dominican Republic 10:00 am - 5:00 pm

Oosterdam – Scenic cruising Bahia Magdalena

Prinsendam – Belem, Brazil 10:00 am - 6:00 pm

Rotterdam – SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA 7:00 am - 5:00 pm

Ryndam – Key West, Florida 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm

Statendam – SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA 7:00 am - 5:00 pm

Veendam – Buenos Aires, Argentina Midnight - 4:00 pm

Volendam – Tauranga, New Zealand 8:00 am - 8:00 pm

Westerdam – Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 8:00 am- 3:00 pm

Zaandam – Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 9:00 am - 11:00 pm

Zuiderdam – At Sea (from Willemstad, Curaçao to Gatun Lake, Panama)

Nieuw Amsterdam will be in the yards until she is finished in a few months.

It is nice to see that the Statendam is back in San Diego and liberated from Vancouver.

It is interesting that docked in San Diego will be the First of the "S" Class ships nd the First of the "R" Class ships. I with that when HAL builds more ships they build more R Class ships on the order of the Volendam, Zaandam and Amsterdam. The only change I would make would be to put in sea view elevators. I love those R Class ships.

Thanks for the report

I hope when you go on the Nieuw Amsterdam that all the "bugs" are worked out of here. My first HAL cruise was on this ships predecessor. I hope when you go, you have a great cruise and that you give us a "blow by blow" account of your travels on this ship

I hope when you go on the Nieuw Amsterdam that all the "bugs" are worked out of here. My first HAL cruise was on this ships predecessor. I hope when you go, you have a great cruise and that you give us a "blow by blow" account of your travels on this ship
We'll be boarding almost 12 weeks after the Jul 4th launch, so there will be lots of other de-buggers before us. Our final payment date is Jul 9, so if it's a total disaster in the first days we can still cancel without a scratch! :D We were on the Eurodam when it was about 15 weeks old, so I don't expect this case to be too much different, and hopefully better because they've learned things from the E'dam. Besides, this is a very port-intensive cruise (2.5 sea days out of 12) so I expect we'll primarily be using the ship for breakfast, dinner, and sleeping.

Usually the first few cruises on a new ship are interesting to say the least. Years ago I was on the Statendam and a guy was bad mouthing the VEENDAM to me. He had been on the innagural cruise and said it was the worst ship he had ever been on. I was on her later and found her to be a nice ship. The bugs had been worked out. I think when you get a new ship and a new style of ship there are even more bugs. I remember all the negative remarks about the Zuiderdam when she first came on line. I was on her for a couple of weeks and while I prefer the S Class ship, I didn't find the Zuiderdam to be nearly as bad as advertized. Best of luck on the new Nieuw Amsterdam.

Archived