12 year old in kids program

ncamy

Is RCI the only cruise line that groups the 12 year olds with older kids? I say this because my daughter will be 12 and though she is physically very small, she is mentally and socially more of a 14 year old. All of her neighborhood friends, girls that sleep over, etc. are a grade or two ahead of her. She would be utterly miserable if she is placed with younger "elementary" aged kids. In my opinion they should all put the 12 year olds with the 13 and 14 year olds, afterall they are in middle school by then. (I'm a middle school teacher and I know they have a completely different attitude by the time they reach this "status.")

On Princess, it was originally 8-12, but there were so many kids that they split them into 8-10 and 11-12. They were very strict about not bending the ages. My son, who was 10 and almost 11, was upset at first about having to be with 8 year olds, but he found a few other 10's that were "older" and had a great time. Your daughter might find others as well. Be sure to attend the first meeting, though. I also teach middle school, and I know how hard it is to get into a group if you aren't there from the beginning (especially girls:mad: )!

Have a wonderful time!

Archived