Hilton Beach Resort/Embassy Suites FLL review

BarbaraP

Just back from a wonderful Carribbean cruise and thought I would give a quick review of the 2 hotels we stayed at in FLL.

Pre-cruise Hilton Beach Resort Hotel: Lovely hotel with great service, beautiful rooms with all the amenities including microwave and frig, and very friendly efficient staff. They have a nice restaurant on the property and a great little bakery/deli shop also. Our only problem was due to the cold weather walking to many locations/restaurants was not possible and there is NO parking available in many places. We had a rental car that was basically to expensive to park. A parking lot at The Gallery at Beach Place was $3/hr. We would definitely stay there again but probably only in a warmer season when we could walk.

Post-cruise Embassy Suites: This hotel was much better than I had expected due to some of the poor reviews here on the Cruise Critic boards. It was very nice, clean, with large 2 room suites. The Manager's open bar in the evenings was fantastic and the free breakfast buffett was quite impressive with cooked to order eggs/omelets. The breakfast area is set in the center of the hotel in a tropical island setting complete with a waterfall. We definitely would stay there again and loved that it was within walking distance to everything.

Barb

Just back from a wonderful Carribbean cruise and thought I would give a quick review of the 2 hotels we stayed at in FLL.

Pre-cruise Hilton Beach Resort Hotel: Lovely hotel with great service, beautiful rooms with all the amenities including microwave and frig, and very friendly efficient staff. They have a nice restaurant on the property and a great little bakery/deli shop also. Our only problem was due to the cold weather walking to many locations/restaurants was not possible and there is NO parking available in many places. We had a rental car that was basically to expensive to park. A parking lot at The Gallery at Beach Place was $3/hr. We would definitely stay there again but probably only in a warmer season when we could walk.

Post-cruise Embassy Suites: This hotel was much better than I had expected due to some of the poor reviews here on the Cruise Critic boards. It was very nice, clean, with large 2 room suites. The Manager's open bar in the evenings was fantastic and the free breakfast buffett was quite impressive with cooked to order eggs/omelets. The breakfast area is set in the center of the hotel in a tropical island setting complete with a waterfall. We definitely would stay there again and loved that it was within walking distance to everything.

Barb

Which Embassy Suites was this? Sounds great! May I ask what the rate was?

:cool:Bill

We love the Embassy Suites also in Ft. Lauderdale.

You can get a better rate if you are a Hilton Honors member and go to the MVP rate website. I got the link here on CC, and have save lots using it.

We are staying again next cruise, and can't wait.

We stayed 3 nights at Embassy Suites lalst Dec., pre cruise. It was fantastic! I'm very fussy, trust me our room was clean! We were 3 women and there was plenty of room. Very comfortable! The managers reception was indeed awesome! They made us a great rum punch :D We had so much fun each evening. I also found the breakfast to be very good. The atrium setting is beautiful, as is the pool area. The hotel was busy but we didn't encounter long lines. They have a shuttle to the port that cost $7. pp. We booked it the day before and had only a few minute wait around 10:30 am. They loaded us up and took us over, not even waiting for other guests. Worked out well for us.

We walked over to the Total Wine and Publix. However, you can take the trolly for 50 cents. BTW when we were there Fridays were free. We carried a rolling bag with us to fill with water, pushed the grocery cart with us to the end of the parking lot then rolled and carried our purchases a short way to the hotel. Worked great!

We paid $173. + tax per night. However, I am booking again for Dec. 2010 and tonight the MVP rate is $167.99. This time DH and I are driving down so we may book the cruise package(which is a $219.) if it works out the same or less than parking at the port. If you're bring a car, be aware there is a charge for parking I just called and was told it's $13. per day without the cruise package.

I hope this helps.

JoAnn

Archived