Glory vs Valor...which one???

Goplayball

We sailed on the Glory years ago and really enjoyed it. We just got off the Valor yesterday and were absolutely thrilled with our experience. It was our best cruise experience to date. There are some less than stellar things about it, but none of those affected our overall impression. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Heading out to the Caribbean in Dec 2010 but haven't decided which ship. They both have the same itentiaries. Any suggestions? Any differences in the ships?

We've been on The Glory and found it very enjoyable. We'll be on The Valor on December 5th-perhaps if we're on the same ship, we can compare notes!!! I think you'll be happy with either ship.

The Glory just came out of drydock and has the new serenity. Someone else has posted that the Valor goes into drydock Jan. 30, 2011 but I haven't been able to verify that yet. There are no sailings for that week and the next though so it looks likely.

We sailed on the Glory years ago and really enjoyed it. We just got off the Valor yesterday and were absolutely thrilled with our experience. It was our best cruise experience to date. There are some less than stellar things about it, but none of those affected our overall impression. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

I found the decor on the Glory to be blah. Liked the Valor's decor better.

If that doesn't matter then the Glory has just received a multi-million dollar renovation.

The Glory has Serenity and flat screen TV's.

Well I think I'm choosing the Glory and only because of recent dry dock. Love the outdoor flatscreen TV however wasn't impressed so much with the serenity. Does anyone know if anytime dinning is available on the Glory?

We've done Carnival twice and were perfectly content. However, then got a steal on Celebrity and have 2x on RCCL since ...

Here's our question ... I want to do the Western Caribbean and was looking at Celebrity and RCCL ... but honestly, the itinerary I want is better on Carnival as I want to see both Belize & Honduras on the same trip.

The price is also 50% less for Carnival for the balcony. That's A LOT of spending $$ !! We are mid-40s, no children. Will the Valor or Glory work for us? Which would be best? We don't mind some kids but want some adult vacation peace also ...

Thanks for your advice! :confused:

I can't really compare Carnival to other lines. Last year we did this itinerary on Valor. Having previously been on Fantasy class ships, we loved Valor. May 2nd we're doing the same itinerary (in reverse) on Glory.

Having done a little research on Glory, it seems the main updates since the Jan/Feb drydock include my Time dining (in forward dining room), new carpet, new flatscreen TVs in rooms, new theater flatscreen by pool, and Serenity area on Sun & Sky decks forward.

As far as I can remember, the only new additions to the Glory that weren't on the Valor are the Serenity deck and maybe the cabin flatscreen TVs. I'm interested in checking out Serenity. I remember on Valor these parts of the ship were pretty deserted, so it may be a better use of this space.

I'm betting these will be added to Valor in the Jan/Feb 2011 drydock.

Archived