Did you buy photo book on board... how'd it look?

markstudy

Hi Mark,

I made my album on Panraven public but now I don't know what to do from here. I emailed the link to a friend of mine but it took them to a sign in page. Does my friend have to register with Panraven to be able to see it.Thank you.

Yep, I got stuck trying to figure that out also. But its very simple. Open your story in the story editor, then click on the share story tab (its numbered #5).... then click on the blue bar that says "links and embedded" it will give you a link to cut and past that looks like this- http://www.panraven.com/newstoryviewer/NewStoryViewer.html?storyId=154975

That way, as long as your story is marked "Public" anyone can see it.

First time I tried, like most people... I used the little tab that said "share story with" and it collected my friends emails and made them log in. Way too complicated. So now I just send out the link or attach the link and anyone can check out my photobook :D

Thank you Mark, again, you are so knowledgeable on the Panraven Album. I followed your instruction and it appears, to of worked.If you or anyone else is interested, here is the link to my album, hope you enjoy.

http://www.panraven.com/newstoryviewer/NewStoryViewer.html?storyId=169532

Wow! :D Great book;)

I loved the panning for gold photos, suspension bridge, treetop adventure, and aquarium.

I'm at work and took a quick glance, but you really got a lot of interesting Alaska photos of activities I've never seen before.

Thank you Mark, again, you are so knowledgeable on the Panraven Album. I followed your instruction and it appears, to of worked.

If you or anyone else is interested, here is the link to my album, hope you enjoy.

Calmom...Great Book! It looks like ya'll had a great time! I love looking at other cruiser's books. Thanks for sharing!

I do believe there is other packages offered that are less expensive. For example, I think you can get a 50 page book but this does not come with the option of your purchased pictures being included in the book. You would have to scan your purchased pictures yourself and then upload them to the Panraven site. I'm not sure if the stock photos are included in this package either.

Wow! :D Great book;)

I loved the panning for gold photos, suspension bridge, treetop adventure, and aquarium.

I'm at work and took a quick glance, but you really got a lot of interesting Alaska photos of activities I've never seen before.

Thank you, the album would not of been possible without you :)

I do believe there is other packages offered that are less expensive. For example, I think you can get a 50 page book but this does not come with the option of your purchased pictures being included in the book. You would have to scan your purchased pictures yourself and then upload them to the Panraven site. I'm not sure if the stock photos are included in this package either.

I'm not sure about the stock photos, either. There is no way I could ever stick to 50 pages :eek:, as you can see, I exceeded the 100 pages included :D. It really is a great price for the Premier Album. I have done several of the online digital albums, with 7 different companies, but the quality is not even close to Panraven, with the exception of a scrapbook company, that I have done business with for several years. However, that companies price is more then double of Panraven's. I have been a scrapbooker for over 25 years, it is an expensive hobby, but now with the digital scrapbooking, it is very cost & time effective. I do still, scrapbook the old fashion way, too.

Calmom...Great Book! It looks like ya'll had a great time! I love looking at other cruiser's books. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, I love sharing. It is very helpful to me, when planning a cruise to look at other CC members previous cruises. Pictures are worth a thousand words :D

Hello, I am on the Coral Princess right now and they are not mentioning the Panraven 100 pages for $59.95.....they want you to buy 5 pictures for 20 to 25 each and get a flimsy book.....how do i find the package #3 from Panraven? Please respond I wil check again soon!

Having a great time!!!!

firesidequilter

Hello, I am on the Coral Princess right now and they are not mentioning the Panraven 100 pages for $59.95.....they want you to buy 5 pictures for 20 to 25 each and get a flimsy book.....how do i find the package #3 from Panraven? Please respond I wil check again soon!

Having a great time!!!!

firesidequilter

Did you go to the Photo Department and ask them? I thought this Panraven Book was offered on all the Princess Ships! Hopefully you will find out because I would hate for you not to be able to take advantage of this great memory!

Thank you Mark, again, you are so knowledgeable on the Panraven Album. I followed your instruction and it appears, to of worked.

If you or anyone else is interested, here is the link to my album, hope you enjoy.

I just had a chance to look at your book!! It looks fantastic!! I'm glad you're also happy with the quality!

Did you go to the Photo Department and ask them? I thought this Panraven Book was offered on all the Princess Ships! Hopefully you will find out because I would hate for you not to be able to take advantage of this great memory!

I agree with BayouGirlUSA. You'll need to talk to the Photo Shop because that's the only place you can get the deal. When we were on Island Princess in July, they had several sample photo books in the shop and had a little sign on the desk with the deal on it.

I read your post and the others before my cruise in July. I ordered the book on board Emerald. I received the email notifing me the pictures taken onboard were ready. I downloaded and aranged 90% of my pictures. The BLAMB..I am locked out of the editing. It says access denied and kicks me out. I have emailed several times over the weekend and today. So far I have heard nothing.

They do NOT have an 800 number for help. It is very frustrating.

:mad::mad::mad:

I read your post and the others before my cruise in July. I ordered the book on board Emerald. I received the email notifing me the pictures taken onboard were ready. I downloaded and aranged 90% of my pictures. The BLAMB..I am locked out of the editing. It says access denied and kicks me out. I have emailed several times over the weekend and today. So far I have heard nothing.

pjs...we cruised in July on the Golden and the date for expiration for completing the book (if you want to call it that) was October. So you should still be good. I'm sure Panraven will be contacting you by email soon. I know it's ashame that there isn't a number to call. What's frustrating is you had the time to work on your book and you couldn't get customer service assistance to help you! Hang in there...it'll be worth it in the end!

It took 2 days for them to respond to my e-mail when I e-mailed them 2 weeks ago so give it some time. As BayouGirlUSA said, your time should not have expired yet. We sailed on 7/5 and Panraven said my time expires on 10/11 and I can extend it right for then.

I know it can be frustrating, I certainly felt that way at times too. However, once you see your album, all the frustration will leave, trust me.

If you do not hear back from them within 24 hours, I would re-send your email to them. They usually answer within 24 hours but I did have to re-send my email once or twice.

I was locked out twice and I had to to to their website on a different browser and that seem to solve the problem. I believe they are going through some growing pains and they do understand your frustration but I would let them know anyways.

If they do not answer you within 72 hrs or after sending your email 3 times, then contact Princess and they will contact Panraven and you will receive an answer within hours. I had to do it once, in the beginning. As far as the 3 months to complete your album, if you are unable to complete it within the 3 months just notify them and they will extend it.

Hopefully, Mark (markstudy) will jump on this post and give you some more pointers, he is extremely knowledgeable and I couldn't of completed my album without him. You could also send him a message through CC site, too.

I hope it works out for you, but you will be very happy with the outcome.

I finally finished my Alaska photo book!!!

http://www.panraven.com/newstoryviewer/NewStoryViewer.html?storyId=171729

Can't wait to get it!

Your pictures are gorgeous and it sure looks like ya'll had terrific weather. Everything looked so crisp and clear especially in Glacier Bay...WOW! Thanks for sharing!

Great book :D

Thanks for posting the link! I loved the bears, dog sled, train, and the rivers.

Very cool, since I haven't done a Alaskan curies yet.

Thanks! You definitely need to add Alaska to your future travels list! It was one of my favorite vacations and that's saying a lot since it followed our Europe trip!

Your pictures are gorgeous and it sure looks like ya'll had terrific weather. Everything looked so crisp and clear especially in Glacier Bay...WOW! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you!! We were really lucky in Glacier Bay but not so much in Hubbard Glacier or Ketchikan. LOL!

I know it can be frustrating, I certainly felt that way at times too. However, once you see your album, all the frustration will leave, trust me.

If you do not hear back from them within 24 hours, I would re-send your email to them. They usually answer within 24 hours but I did have to re-send my email once or twice.

I was locked out twice and I had to to to their website on a different browser and that seem to solve the problem. I believe they are going through some growing pains and they do understand your frustration but I would let them know anyways.

If they do not answer you within 72 hrs or after sending your email 3 times, then contact Princess and they will contact Panraven and you will receive an answer within hours. I had to do it once, in the beginning. As far as the 3 months to complete your album, if you are unable to complete it within the 3 months just notify them and they will extend it.

Hopefully, Mark (markstudy) will jump on this post and give you some more pointers, he is extremely knowledgeable and I couldn't of completed my album without him. You could also send him a message through CC site, too.

I hope it works out for you, but you will be very happy with the outcome.

We've done it twice & found a workaround for when it locks up using the Panraven Editor. By closing the Editor it returns you to your Panraven home page then select to Edit. Each time that has returned it to normal editing.

We really enjoy the Panraven book & recently read that there's a discount depending on your Captain's Circle level.

We took a totally different tack. We do not even bother to have any of our pictures printed. We bought a large photo frame and load our picture into that. We can have to 500 pictures plus video and sound.We write trip stories and post them with pictures on our website.

Info from Fall Captain's Circle magazine...

For a limited time only, the Princess Photo Journal is FREE — with the purchase of photos in the Gallery — just five photos for Gold Members, four photos for Platinum Members, and three photos for Elite Members. A $9.95 shipping and handling fee does apply. Valued at $65, the Princess Photo Journal is customized to your itinerary and includes your professional Princess photos, ship features, maps, port information, and much more. You can add to your Princess Photo Journal by uploading your digital snapshots, and editing layouts and captions online after you return home.

Info from Fall Captain's Circle magazine...

For a limited time only, the Princess Photo Journal is FREE — with the purchase of photos in the Gallery — just five photos for Gold Members, four photos for Platinum Members, and three photos for Elite Members. A $9.95 shipping and handling fee does apply. Valued at $65, the Princess Photo Journal is customized to your itinerary and includes your professional Princess photos, ship features, maps, port information, and much more. You can add to your Princess Photo Journal by uploading your digital snapshots, and editing layouts and captions online after you return home.

Do you know how many pages are included in this deal? I heard it was only 50 pages but I haven't been able to get anyone to confirm this.

Also, I wonder if the other photo book package is still offered for first time cruisers or people who don't plan to buy that many photos onboard.

Thanks!

Do you know how many pages are included in this deal? I heard it was only 50 pages but I haven't been able to get anyone to confirm this.

Also, I wonder if the other photo book package is still offered for first time cruisers or people who don't plan to buy that many photos onboard.

Thanks!

Both of our recent books came with about 60 pre-set pages with lots of info on our cruise. We edited ours & it added up to the maximum of 100 pages for the basic price. Additional pages cost 99 cents & don't know if there's a maximum but 100 pages has been enough for ours. Both of them were long cruises (30 & 28 days) so we had plenty to add to it. We didn't do one for our 7 day to Alaska because we've sailed there before but will probably will do it on our 14 day Hawaiian cruise in November...particularly if it's free (after 3 photos & $10 shipping).

Archived