Did you buy photo book on board... how'd it look?

markstudy

Great book. I loved the flying fish photos. I never was able to get a good shot. I also enjoyed the underwater fish shots. You got some great pics.

The underwater fish shots are YOUR fault, Mark! I enjoyed the underwater shots in your book so much I bought the camera you recommended, Canon D10. So there you go!

The flying fish shots were taken by my husband, he shoots with a Canon 20D SLR. Thanks for the compliments.

Thanks for sharing your book!

Question for you....how did you get the shots of the differents islands and information on them? I did not pre-purchase the book onboard but am trying to make my own in PanRaven (I know, I know, I would have paid a lot less had I done it onboard), but want to include info about each port as well.

99.9% of the pictures were taken by my husband and I. I only used 2 or 3 pictures from the Panraven library. For the port info, I used a few lines that Panraven included in the book, did some internet research, and took info from my "Caribbean Ports of Call" book.

The underwater fish shots are YOUR fault, Mark! I enjoyed the underwater shots in your book so much I bought the camera you recommended, Canon D10. So there you go!

That's great :D I'm glad everything worked out for your trip and photo book.

I always wanted to see Champagne reef, but couldn't find any photos, so I'm glad to see your shots. Emerald Pool and Annandale falls look great in your photos also.

You almost did the same trip I did. Its neat to see some of the parts I missed. I didn't try the shore snorkel from Princess cay, but that looks pretty good too.

I don't know how you got the great close-up photo of the Blue and Yellow Damsel fish, I couldn't get one of those guys to slow down or sit still for me.

It also looks like you guys came up with a way to hang the camera around your neck while swimming. I bought the expensive neck strap from Canon (it was just okay) but am always looking for better ways to secure the camera?

It also looks like you guys came up with a way to hang the camera around your neck while swimming. I bought the expensive neck strap from Canon (it was just okay) but am always looking for better ways to secure the camera?

It was just a cheapo lanyard cord...the same one that normally held our cruise card. Nothing special, but it worked just fine. We also bought a floating wrist strap, although we did not purchase it until we got home and our daughter borrowed the camera! I'll let you know how that works out.

• 2 weeks later...
On our cruise, they were selling a photo book, where you could up-load all your photos and they'd publish it and send you a professional looking coffee table book. Company is called PanRaven and I guess they cover all the cruise lines?

Did anyone buy this? Did you like the finished product? I ordered one, waiting for it to show up in the mail. Just thought I'd ask what others thought?

I had fun organizing my photos. Web site was very easy to use. Seems like a good idea. I usually buy a few 8x10's but never really find a way to display them when I get home. So maybe this is the best way to go?

Mark,

We just bought one when we were on our cruise to Alaska. I was so excited about it after seeing yours. Set my account up and have been waiting patiently for our pictures we bought on ship to be loaded to the account. I really liked what they had posted in the book already, I would not use everything, but I liked the maps, etc. Well, some way I have messed up my account and cannot access it at all. I have emailed them, thru their web site and seperately, and they do not respond to my emails at all. I've probably emailed them 10+ times. I'm going to only have about 2 months to finish my book, if I can access it ever again. If you look for a phone number for them it is disconnected. I was just wondering if you have a phone number for them on something that you received with your book. If so, I would love to have it. Other than that I'm going to have to contact Princess, and I doubt I will have any luck with them. The next step will be to contact my credit card company. Any feedback is welcomed. Thank you.

Vicki

Mark,

Well, some way I have messed up my account and cannot access it at all. I have emailed them, thru their web site and seperately, and they do not respond to my emails at all. I've probably emailed them 10+ times. I'm going to only have about 2 months to finish my book, if I can access it ever again. Any feedback is welcomed. Thank you.

Vicki

if you want... send me your email and account name, I'll use my account to contact the lady who helped me. She always got back to me with-in 24 hours. I never tried to call them because they were so good at answering questions by email.

Mark

my email - davids1999@hotmail.com

Cc:

Subject:
RE: Support inquiry - Mark

They charged $59.95 for 100 pages, and free shipping. I thought that was a good deal (it would cost me that to get my photos printed out, and I'm lazy, so they saved me the work)

I have a link to my book on-line.

http://www.panraven.com/visitor/VisitorViewStory.epage?sp=Sview&sp=154975 If link doesn't work try cutting and pasting it into the adderess bar of your web browser. Also I noticed that if you click the arrows below the cover photo you can see two pages at a time as you scroll through the album (this helps give you a panorama view) if you just click on the photo it gets bigger, but you can only see one page at a time.

I did add a few extra pages... they charged me $1 a page if you go over 100 pages.

It looks great on-line....but now that I'm sitting around waiting for the book to come in the mail... I was wondering how folks like the actual books when they got them?

Thank you for sharing your book. It is beautiful!! What kind of camera did you use for those great underwater shots?

Thank you for sharing your book. It is beautiful!! What kind of camera did you use for those great underwater shots?

Glad you liked the photos. It was a lot of fun taking them.

If you look back at post #113 one of our other members has the same camera as I do and posted a great photo of the Canon D10

Mark,

Well, some way I have messed up my account and cannot access it at all. I have emailed them, thru their web site and seperately, and they do not respond to my emails at all. Vicki

Hi Vicki,

I sent Charlotte a note from my account, and she said she solved the problem.

When you finish your book, post a link :)

I'm looking forward to putting an album together for my Mom after our Greek Isles cruise next year. I usually scrapbook all my cruises and have a lot of fun with it, but I don't want to do two scrapbooks for the same cruise. I think this is the perfect solution (and will make a nice birthday gift for my Mom if I can keep it a secret for a few months).

Anyone know if this is available on HAL? We are traveling with my parents for their 50th anniversary and this would be a great surprise gift post cruise.

Yes, I heard they are also on HAL... and one other line besides Princess. Not sure who the 3rd cruise line is?

Yes, I heard they are also on HAL... and one other line besides Princess. Not sure who the 3rd cruise line is?

Royal Caribbean but they did not have a special deal when we sailed in November. My 110 page book cost me $133! :eek: So $60 with Princess is a bargain!!

• 3 weeks later...
What is the size of the album? I heard it was a 12x12 album but I wanted to make sure. Thanks

Its 11x9 which had me worried (I like big photos, big pages) but when I got my book I was very happy with the size, and it looks fantastic when its open to two full-page photos. (everyone thinks I have that second photo turned wrong, but the tree was growing over the river and I took the shot facing straight up from my raft).

Also... all the pages with small photos came out plenty big. They looked small on the web while I was making my book, but were plenty large when I saw the finished pages.

book21-1.jpg

book022.jpg

Its 11x9 which had me worried (I like big photos, big pages) but when I got my book I was very happy with the size, and it looks fantastic when its open to two full-page photos.

Thank you for such a quick response. I am a scrapbooker and only use 12x12 albums. Do you think placing 5 pictures on one page would be too much? It is hard to tell on the "view" option on their website. Can you tell me roughly what the sizes of the pictures are on a 3 photo layout and a 4 photo layout? This would help me, as then I could judge just how many photos I would want on a page, that would still be viewable, without squinting.

I contacted Princess this a.m. to see if I could get a telephone number for Panraven but they don't even have a telephone number. It is a little bit concerning that a company would not have a telephone number for their customers. However, I love your album, so I am hoping mine will turn out as nice. Thank you again for your help.

Thank you for such a quick response. I am a scrapbooker and only use 12x12 albums. Do you think placing 5 pictures on one page would be too much? It is hard to tell on the "view" option on their website. Can you tell me roughly what the sizes of the pictures are on a 3 photo layout and a 4 photo layout? This would help me, as then I could judge just how many photos I would want on a page, that would still be viewable, without squinting.

I contacted Princess this a.m. to see if I could get a telephone number for Panraven but they don't even have a telephone number. It is a little bit concerning that a company would not have a telephone number for their customers. However, I love your album, so I am hoping mine will turn out as nice. Thank you again for your help.

I'll show you a few photos. Maybe that will help.

And its funny, but I never trusted a company that didn't have a phone number. But PanRaven did such a good job answering my questions via email, they changed my mind. ;)

----- Original Message -----

Cc: membersupport@panraven.com

Subject: RE: Support inquiry- "I have another question" Mark

Thank you for such a quick response. I am a scrapbooker

and only use 12x12 albums. .

If I knew anything about scrapbooking, I would have taken a large background photo and

pasted my photos to it, and then just uploaded it as a full page to Panraven. But, since

I had no experience, I just posted my photos into the little boxes that Panraven gave us.

It was tricky sometimes to get the page to look the way I wanted, but it was fun and

turned out well. I really liked the pages that fit 6 photos on one page...it looks good,

and even the small photos are big enough to see well.

(here's some low quality quick snap shots, hope it helps)

book1.jpg

book2.jpg

Book3.jpg

book4.jpg

Mark,

Panraven made another sale because of your post here on CC. When I read your post, I told my sister and friend who were cruising with hubby and I about the book. We sought it out after being on the ship a couple of days.

We just got off the Golden Princess on an Alaskan Cruise in July 2010. I am almost finished with my book. I am having the anxiety of clicking that "ORDER" button...I keep checking and re-checking to make sure I have all the pictures I want included and "ogling" for typos. My sister and friend have shared their books with me on-line and we're basically proofreading each other's creations!

We can't wait for our books. We did look at the sample books that were in the PhotoShop on the ship and the books seemed to be very well made and excellent quality.

Thanks for all the info you've provided here...it's given me a permanent memory of this once in a lifetime vacation!

Archived