Packing Question for the Oasis

The single most useful item I've taken on cruises with me was an over-the-door clear pocket shoe storage bag. I hang it over the bathroom door and store all of our toiletries in it.

I too have used the over-the-door clear pocket storage bag on several other vacations, Disney etc. and they work great! Definately packing one of these!!

Thanks for all the tips, really enjoying the boards.

@TheCalicoCat

Good call! Our DD is five years old. Lovey, coloring books, a doll (or two or three or four), and a Kindle Fire keeps her occupied well. Nice to not have to pack lots of things to keep her busy with all the cruse offers. I read that the Oasis even has a library. Cool!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the list. We have been on 4 cruises and have learned to pack less each time. You take a lot more than we do. I always pack over the counter

cold medicines. Prices on board are awful.

I just wish they had laundry facilities we could use on our own. I hate taking

home dirty clothes. And I can't see spending money for someone else to

wash my clothes. Underwear? I don't think so.

I also learn to take less shoes as well. I live in tennis shoes most of the trip.

Hi, all. We are cruising on the Oasis of the Seas in December and after having cruised on the Carnival Pride I'm not sure if Royal is different. For the formal night is it a free for all or are there strict rules on attire? I know on the Pride we wore nice dresses/sun dresses but some people even came in jeans, so it didn't really matter what you wore. Thanks!

Most cabins have 2 120v outlets and 2 240v outlets. You can use a power strip but it is a bit bulky. Most phone/ipod/kindle/etc adapters are dual voltage 120/240, just look at the fine print molded on the adapter.

If you buy a set of USA to German grounded adapters like these on Amazon

(No commercial interest...just an example of the ones I bought :))

http://www.amazon.com/American-European-Germany-Adapters-Certified/dp/B00EOI2N2M/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1389817859&sr=1-3&keywords=Heavy+Duty+Grounded+USA+American

Plug them into the 240v outlets and you can use dual voltage adapters with them. Just DON"T EVER plug in a 120v power strip into one.

That's 2 extra plug in a standard cabin and even more in a suite. Suites tend to have a few other plugs scattered around the cabin.

I think the list is good and you can tweak it; one thing I didn't see on there is that we take a picture of our luggage just before we leave so that if it gets

lost or misplaced, we can just bring the picture up on the camera.....yes, we

are those people who decorate their suitcases with ribbons, bows, etc to

be able to pick them out easily.

Don't bring too much for the little one. Luckily our first port was Port Canaveral - we mailed a lot of "entertainment for my son" home.

Not sure your little ones age, but a couple cars, a lovely, & a book was plenty for our guy - he preferred being out & about looking at stuff, climbing stairs, riding the elevator, etc.

If you are traveling on either the Oasis or the Allure with your little ones, they have an excellent play area which contains all sorts of Fisher Price toys. We scoped it out for a future cruise with our grand kids. There are also a considerable amount of daily activities for all age groups to keep them busy, so no need to bring the toy chest with you.:)

I think the list is good and you can tweak it; one thing I didn't see on there is that we take a picture of our luggage just before we leave so that if it gets

lost or misplaced, we can just bring the picture up on the camera.....yes, we

are those people who decorate their suitcases with ribbons, bows, etc to

be able to pick them out easily.

Thats such a great idea. One time (before cell phone cameras) our luggage did not show up and we had to provide to the airline at least 3 items that were in each suticase for identification purposes. I couldnt remember for the life of me what was tossed in each one (it was our return trip). Now Im going to just snap a pic before I close them up!

I use bread ties for the suitcases and throw a few extra in the luggage for replacements and/or the trip home. They can quickly be undone by TSAs and are just a little extra protection to prevent quick "hand checks". Clothespins are very useful; including clipping curtains shut tightly in hotels. We bring duct tape and/or packing tape also; save space by wrapping a length around a pencil - this method gives you some but saves space on that huge hard roll. Also, our light jackets and light pants (hiking pants if the trip warants), are sprayed with water proof spray - it works great an eliminates the need for ponchos.