New ownership for Jaguar Paw?

gatorphin

I booked a cave tubing/zipline tour with Jaguar Paw last month before they raised thier prices and changed ownership. Has anyone been on one of their tours within the last couple weeks? Will I have to pay the new price or will they stick by the old prices I'd booked them with? Thanks in advance.

I booked before the change and was on a tour with them on Feb 16th- not sure when the new pricing went into effect, but some of the staff did have on "Backabush" t-shirts, which I have heard is the name of the new company. We did not have to pay anything extra. I would bring your confirmation email though, just in case.

I booked before the change and was on a tour with them on Feb 16th- not sure when the new pricing went into effect, but some of the staff did have on "Backabush" t-shirts, which I have heard is the name of the new company. We did not have to pay anything extra. I would bring your confirmation email though, just in case.

We are booked with them in April. Old price, just wondering if you had any problems and how was the tour?

• 2 weeks later...
I booked a cave tubing/zipline tour with Jaguar Paw last month before they raised thier prices and changed ownership. Has anyone been on one of their tours within the last couple weeks? Will I have to pay the new price or will they stick by the old prices I'd booked them with? Thanks in advance.

We went with them on February 22. Will NEVER do it again!!

We waited an hour and half at the Radisson. Finally a cab driver came over and called them for us and they said they had no record of our reservation, even though I'd put a 50% deposit down.

We hired a cab to take us out there since we didn't have any other plans. We ended up doing our tour (which was great by the way!) but when it came time to pay the balance they wanted us to pay "walk in" charges plus pay the cab driver ourselves. That would have cost us $210 instead of the $140 we'd contracted for. I argued with them for a half hour and finally they decided to let us pay the 50% balance that we owed and they said they'd take care of the cab driver.

We never got our lunch that we were supposed to have because there just wasn't time. We just made it back to the port for the last tender! If there hadn't been a line waiting, we would have been left behind.

I'm not sure if our reservation was "lost" because there were only two of us or if it was because we'd booked at the lower rate.

Just back from our NCL Jewel cruise, and on Wednesday we went cave tubing with cavetubing.bz. Vitalino Reyes Jr. was our tour guide, he was great, very personable! There were 8 of us, 4 adults and 4 kids, ages 13, 11, 9 and 6. He sent us directions on where to find him when we entered the port and he was right where he said he would be. We didn't have to wait for anyone else even though there was some miscommunication and he thought there were going to be 14 of us.

As we drove to the cave tubing location, he told us all about what we were driving passed and interesting facts about Belize. We got to ride in a comfortable van with plenty of room for the 8 of us.

The actual cave tubing was very interesting, but a bit cold, all Belize's fault!!! ha ha!

30-40 min walk through the jungle, very pretty. The 2 younger girls suckered their dads to carry their tubes, didn't work so well for us wives. River was low, lots of butts up, WAY UP!! Vitalino Jr took really good care of the kids, let us free float when it was safe, and had us link up if he had to guide us through some rougher spots. It started raining on us toward the end of the river, it was beautiful! but still a little cold.

After cave tubing we changed and drove to an outdoor eating area where Vitalino Jr's aunt fixed us some lunch, sooooo good! On our next sea day, we were saying "some of that beans and rice would be good right now" and that was on the ship!!! where there's an abundance of food and we were actually getting tired of eating so much:D.

Drove back to the port and had about an hour to shop before tendering back to our ship. Highly recommend Cavetubing.bz!!!

Archived